One step working, but not automatically starting

One step update used to automatically start, now it doesn't. I click on One Step Update and it asks for the password. Enter the password and then it displays a screen with all the accounts and I need to click on the update button to get it to start. I didn't used to have the additional step. How to I change this back?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Hello @cudell

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you I need a few more details. For instance, what password are you being asked to enter? Is it the vault, bank, or datafile password? Do you have scheduled updates? 

Additionally, I would recommend checking the scheduled update settings. This allows for updates to be done during certain hours and days or upon Windows startup. To check these settings select Tools >Scheduled updates. A visual example is below. 

Hope this helps. Please provide further detail if steps above do not help or resolve your issue. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • cudell
    cudell Member ✭✭
    It prompts for the vault password. It used to go directly to processing the accounts, now it displays all the accounts on a pop up box that is labeled "One Step Update Settings" and I have to click on the "Update Now" button to get it to start. It's just one extra step, but it didn't used to do that.
  • cudell
    cudell Member ✭✭
    I should have said that it used to go directly to processing the accounts after entering the vault password.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @cudell

I'm wondering if we may need to try to validate the file to see if we might be able to find something within the repair. I'll l'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

File > Validate & Repair file > Validate > Ok

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• cudell
    cudell Member ✭✭
    That was done. What it found was an issue with a stock count, not something that would keep it from going directly to processing the accounts.
  • shirstpb
    shirstpb Member
    Same issue, any resolution?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @shirstpb,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in August of 2021, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages (if applicable) as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.