Can't activate my download with Capital One

I keep trying to activate my download with Capital One. I go to the online services tab & click on set up now. I enter my login info but then I get an error that says "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault). I have been trying for a few days to get my account ready for download with no success. This is very frustrating when I can't use quicken.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI @weezer73

What is the error code that you get when you try to connect the account?  Also, what type of account is this - 360 savings, or credit card?  If it is a 360 savings account, they have special procedures that you need to follow to connect it.  Go to the bank's website, log in, and then go to the Security tab and add Quicken as a "linked App".

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Jen1977
    Jen1977 Member
    I went to the CapitalOne site. You can't add "Quicken" in as a linked app from there. Plus I got that error, "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault)" even when I did have it linked in there.

It's been almost a week now. Its a ton of work to download from them.
  • Jen1977
    Jen1977 Member
    edited August 2021
    I just called Capital One and they said that the Quicken product needs to update to accomodate their new security changes and that Intuit has been informed. [Removed- Speculation].

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Jen1977,

Is this a bank account or a credit card issue?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Jen1977
    Jen1977 Member
    Credit card account. Capital One reports that quicken needs to update their services.
  • weezer73
    weezer73 Member
    I am trying to link a credit card and having the same issues as Jen1977
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Despite Quicken saying Capital One is resolved, I am getting "An Unexpected Error Has Occurred" try again tomorrow message. This is a new card for me I am trying to add. Used to be a Pottery Barn card that was converted to Capital One on August 23. I am using "Capital One Credit Card" as the payee I am trying to add.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @GIWalt

Thank you for the update however, I do apologize that the issue is still persisting for you. I would recommend restoring a backup and attempting to add it. If adding your account is unsuccessful please contact Quicken Support so that they can collect log files and investigate further. 

To contact Quicken Support click here

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Yeah but no. I will give it a day just like Quicken said to do. Everything with my Quicken account is working just fine except I cannot add a new card that was converted from Pottery Barn to Capital One on August 23rd. The new card has never been successfully linked but its been less than a week since the conversion. With all due respect, the "restore from a backup" is the first step Quicken always recommends out of its playbook. I would like to know if ANYONE who had a Pottery Barn or Williams Sonoma card converted to Capital One on August 23rd has been able to link their new card to Capital One in Quicken. I think we should start there and not assume its me needing to restore from a backup.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    I have also reported to Quicken via Help (Chat).
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    So, after 45 minutes or so of Quicken Chat including uploading a screen shot of the error message, I was told the Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma Capital One cards are not yet supported in e-bill and may never be. Seems contrary to what's been posted here. I remain, very confused.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @GIWalt

Pardon the confusion. There are two aspects when it comes to Capital One. The first is the actual financial institution which was having issues with aggregation and updated. That has been resolved as of today for the majority of users. The second aspect is Capital One as an online biller (e-biller). As of right now it is unsupported and has been a continuous issue since June 2019. 

For more information regarding Capital One E-Biller issue(s) click here. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you! Not happy about answer but at least now I understand. Much appreciated.