Can someone identify the font used to display the numeric values on the Tax Planner Summary

On my computer the numerics values that are being displayed on the Tax Planner Summary page is a small font of like 4 point in size and is real hard to read. I thought if I could ID what the programmed defult font is and the size, I could see if it is missing in my windows 10 system and install it.
Tagged:

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Hi @ThomasS .  I can't answer your question regarding the default font but if you have not already done so you can try clicking on the Aa icon at the top of the report which will open the Preferences for the report.  Then you can select from one of 3 different Font Sizes.  You can also select from 3 different Row Height preferences, too, which might help to make the report more readable.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Boatnmaniac unfortunately the Tax Planner isn't a report, it is in fact an embedded web page.
    And most of that that web page doesn't respond to "Large Fonts", which I suspect that @ThomasS is using.
    Here is that page with normal fonts.

Here is what it looks like with large fonts.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The really sad part is that, as a web page, it should respond to CTRL+ and CTRL- to enlarge and shrink. Unfortunately, only the index pane and titles respond. Oh, and the scroll bars get huge. But the main text stays the same size. See below.
    @ThomasS, can you show us a screen shot of what you're seeing?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    @Boatnmaniac unfortunately the Tax Planner isn't a report, it is in fact an embedded web page.
    And most of that that web page doesn't respond to "Large Fonts", which I suspect that @ThomasS is using.
    Ah, I read "Tax Summary" and assumed he was referring to the "Tax Summary Report". 
    If my assumption was incorrect and @ThomasS is indeed referring to the web page fonts, then perhaps he might want to go to Help > Quicken Help and do a Search for Fonts.  It should bring up a list of Troubleshooting steps that can be taken to address various font issues that can perhaps be fixed via Quicken and via the operating system.  Perhaps there is something in those Help steps that will be of assistance?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you consider using the Windows Magnifier app.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The really sad part is that, as a web page, it should respond to CTRL+ and CTRL- to enlarge and shrink. Unfortunately, only the index pane and titles respond. Oh, and the scroll bars get huge. But the main text stays the same size. See below.
    I have a feeling that the reason the data in the right hand doesn't respond to CTRL+ is because it is generated by ActiveX code.
    Signature:
  • ThomasS
    ThomasS Member ✭✭
    My screen shot is attached.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks the same as mine. So I doubt the font is missing.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    No matter what I do I can't get my numbers to be small like that.

I suspect this has something to do with the resolution and Windows scale factors being used.  As in something is scaling everything except those numbers.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.