Bill reminders disappearing

For the last few months, I have reoccurring issues with my bill reminders. It doesn't matter whether I choose auto or manual reminders, it continues to happen. When I use auto, even if I set the reminder a few days in advance, the balance shows as zero and then skips the reminder. I have tried linking to the online billers and without.

If I try to use the manual reminders, even if I set the reminder a few days in advance, if I don't go in and enter it on the day it is due, then the reminder automatically resets to the next month.

This hasn't always been the case but I couldn't give you an estimate of when I noticed the change. This is very aggravating, as I don't want to have to log on multiple times during the week; I would like to do weekly updates. I am not sure if there is a fix for this. As of right now, I have to go in and manually change the date back to the current month. It is especially aggravating for things that are paid quarterly or annually.

Please help.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    You may be experiencing a feature Quicken introduced last year as discussed in: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7876084/cant-adjust-bill-reminder-date/p1
  • Cateye112
    Cateye112 Member ✭✭
    Perhaps partially. However, when you have an auto scheduled reminder, it is supposed to automatically enter it into the register... mine does not. When I removed the automatic entry, it used to be that it would show up in the scheduled transactions for me to manually enter, prior to matching... it no longer does that. If I connect it to the online biller (I do not use online bill pay through Quicken but do have them all set up as auto payment through the respective sites), but don't do into Quicken that day, it shows a zero balance instead of the amount that was on the statement and/or paid. I hope this makes sense.

I did read the discussion you linked and I think it is ridiculous that they are touting that as a feature. Quicken changing their formatting (annual/online vs version download) to the current one was marketed as a benefit to customers but adding "features" like that doesn't seem to be in the best interest of their customers. I would think the benefit to having it designed this way is to make changes based on customer feedback. I used to really like Quicken but I can't say I am fond of all of the issues that I have had since this implementation. Hopefully, the will consider what the customers request.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, Sherlock.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Cateye112 said:
    Perhaps partially. However, when you have an auto scheduled reminder, it is supposed to automatically enter it into the register... mine does not. When I removed the automatic entry, it used to be that it would show up in the scheduled transactions for me to manually enter, prior to matching... it no longer does that. If I connect it to the online biller (I do not use online bill pay through Quicken but do have them all set up as auto payment through the respective sites), but don't do into Quicken that day, it shows a zero balance instead of the amount that was on the statement and/or paid. I hope this makes sense.

I did read the discussion you linked and I think it is ridiculous that they are touting that as a feature. Quicken changing their formatting (annual/online vs version download) to the current one was marketed as a benefit to customers but adding "features" like that doesn't seem to be in the best interest of their customers. I would think the benefit to having it designed this way is to make changes based on customer feedback. I used to really like Quicken but I can't say I am fond of all of the issues that I have had since this implementation. Hopefully, the will consider what the customers request.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, Sherlock.
    I agree.  It is a bit ridiculous but I think I understand why they're doing it.  

Have you tried creating new reminders to replace the ones that have gone bad and avoided tweaking the Due next on: dates?
  • Rick Fisher
    Rick Fisher Member ✭✭✭
    I have solved the problem of Reminders disappearing from the bottom of the Register display.
    This happens when a file has accounts where transactions are downloaded to some accounts and others that are not.
    Quicken assumes that if you download transactions, you will not use Reminders if you specify “Automatically add to banking register” on the global Preferences menu. In that case, as you know, the transactions go right into the register and do not appear in the Reminders section. But Quicken unnecessarily turns off the Reminders display on ALL accounts.
    That is the bug. The solution is to uncheck the box in the EDIT/PREFERENCES/DOWNLOADED TRANSACTIONS menu. The Reminders will reappear on all accounts.
    If you want the transactions automatically added in a specific account, edit each of those accounts in the ONLINE SERVICES menu by clicking the “Automatic entry is: OFF” link.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Rick Fisher, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We appreciate the feedback, time, and effort in regard to this issue. We apologize for the frustration as well. I will notate this and pass along the information to those users who are experiencing this issue. 

If you come across any errors or have questions please let us know. 

-Quicken Paloma 
This discussion has been closed.