Credit card balance reverts to minimum due after accounts updated

Under Bills & Income, I have a credit card bill set to display the Total Amount Due. However, after running a one-step update, the amount shows as the minimum amount due instead of the balance. The option remains to display the minimum amount due.

I have to use the Refresh Bill option for it to display the balance due again. It does not revert if you update the account, individually.

I've attached two files. "Image" is the correct view showing the total balance due highlighted. "Capture" is the same view after One Step Update. Note that the minimum amount due is now highlighted, yet the drop-down shows that this is still available for selection, meaning that total balance due is still selected.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Rick16,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, is this happening for just this one credit card bill or multiple Online bills? And do you recall when you noticed this issue first started?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rick16
    Rick16 Member ✭✭
    The build is 27.1.33.44 and this is the only credit card it seems to be happening on. I've tried removing and then re-adding the update function to this account, but that didn't seem to help.
  • Rick16
    Rick16 Member ✭✭
    Also, this has been happening for several months through several version updates, so I can't narrow the start to a particular action or update.
  • Rick16
    Rick16 Member ✭✭
    Any update on this issue?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for the additional information, though I apologize for the delay in my response.

Also, if you don't mind, could you please provide the name of the financial institution for the credit card bill in question? 

In the meantime, if you haven't already, I suggest Validating Online billers. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Validate Online billers in the dropdown menu.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rick16
    Rick16 Member ✭✭
    I don't have a "Validate.." option when I go to the settings on that page:

The biller is Barclaycard.

Thanks!
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Rick16

Thank you for providing further detail(s). Due to the new update (34.24), the Bills & Income drop-down menu has different options. The equivalent of Validate is Review and Repair. Please attempt to "validate" and let us know the outcome. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Rick16
    Rick16 Member ✭✭
    I ran the "validate" and nothing changed. Please look at the screen shot below and note that the minimum and full amounts are reversed from a credit card that shows the full amount correctly. Note that the "bold" option is the right-most number, which is the full amount due on the other card. Also, you can see that the drop down only has the option to display the minimum, meaning that it should be showing the full amount. After taking the "Refresh bill" option, the numbers switch sides with the full amount now on the right side (second image). It then displays correctly until Update Accounts is run and the numbers switch, with the right number (now the minimum due) as bold.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Rick16

Thank you for the additional information. I've gone ahead and submitted an escalation here on our end for the biller issue you're having trouble with.  It generally takes between 48 - 72 hours for any changes to go through.

Please, wait at least 72 hours and then try connecting again. If you have issues after this please let us know.  

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Rick16
    Rick16 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    The balance displays the minimum due as soon as an Update Accounts is performed even though it is set to show the total due. Nothing has changed. Please advise.
  • Rick16
    Rick16 Member ✭✭
    Any update on this?
  • Rick16
    Rick16 Member ✭✭
    Please provide a status or another contact in order to correct this issue!
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Hello @Rick16

We apologize for the delayed response. This issue was reported by @Quicken Francisco and took a while to properly investigate. Again we apologize for the delayed response and the inconvenience this has caused. I have also side messaged you regarding information pertaining to your account. 

-Quicken Paloma 
This discussion has been closed.