Can't Reset Account

Win 10 19043
Q Deluxe R35 31
I've been trying to resolve this for 5 days now, but every time I sign on, it's back to square one.
Resetting this account (Mid Penn Bank) has worked several times in the last few days for this account, but now I get the popup that I can't reset this account. I should try again in several days.
I checked and there are no problems on the bank's end. Something got messed up in Quicken.
How do I fix this? I am sure if I "wait a few days and try again" it still won't work.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI @Spotteddog

I agree that I have not seen any other reports of issues with Mid Penn Bank.  How do you connect with Mid Penn Bank - are you using "Direct Connect", "Express Web Connect" or "Web Connect"?

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Frankx,

I've been using Express Web Connect with this bank for years. Never had a problem with them before.

Mid Penn requires users to change their password every 3 months. The new password works fine when I log in to the bank.
    I've tried to change the password in Quicken, but for some reason, it wouldn't take the new password.
    I tried to reset this account and changed the password in Quicken via clicking on the golden key in the register update and changing the password. It would work until I restarted my PC and ended up having to do another reset. I did this 5 days in a row, but today when I tried to reset it, I got the message that it wouldn't reset.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Update:
    I tried to update this bank again today. The update runs, but it doesn't show anything for Mid Penn. All my other accounts are fine. Tried the Reset again. No error code, but I get a popup that I can't reset it at this time, try again in a few days.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer and a download log file, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chatted with support. Thanks, support. :)
    Looks like it's fixed. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

I just can't see why problems like this are so difficult to fix. Just changing a password shouldn't cause all this trouble. 5 days and many hours of troubleshooting. I've been using Q for about 10 years. It seems I spend more time troubleshooting than using Q.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's tomorrow and I'm back to square #1. Yesterday support guided me through deactivating the accounts, etc., and then linking them back in.

Tried to update again today. Still have the same problem.
    The update runs, but it doesn't update anything. It doesn't even say this account was updated. It just says that the update was successful, but it doesn't show an account. It's blank and the account was not updated. This is both in the one-step update and the registry update.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Spotteddog

At the risk of telling you something you may already know...  You can toggle the View of the One Step Update window by clicking on the "Show just the last update" box at the bottom of that window.  See this Snip:

Hope this helps.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Frankx,

The accounts I'm having problems with don't even show in the results of the one-step update. They are listed (checked) in the settings, but after the update, those accounts aren't in the list of updated accounts.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Spotteddog

Yes, I am also seeing that behavior recently, but when I check that box I can see the last update results.  Sorry to hear that too it is not working for you.

Frankx

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Still having the same problems with 2 accounts. One being Mid Penn Bank. Even though support walked through fixing this, the fix only worked one day. Now I'm back to where I was 2 weeks ago. 

Don't know if is related, but since this started 2 weeks ago. Every day several of my "Billers" are "Locked" and I have to "Try Again" and enter passwords etc. Then they are OK, but the next day I've got the same Biller problem. It is not always the same Biller every day.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    From what I know the "billers" is a completely different system than downloading transactions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Spotteddog,

Have you tried doing some troubleshooting your Quicken datafile?  From the various seemingly disparate issues you are currently seeing, I would suggest that you first make a backup of the datafile and then perform a Validate & Repair of the data file.  Below are the steps you should take.

Before starting the Validate & Repair process, you should copy your current data file within Quicken, and then use that copied file in the validation process. - BUT please be aware that this "file copy" procedure will remove all of your online connections, so you will need to reconnect those at the end of this process.  (If you decide that reconnecting all your accounts is too much work for you - I suggest that you not try the Validate & Repair process.)

The Copy steps are:

1)      Select: “File” > ”File Operations” > “Copy...”

2)      In the Pop-Up make sure all info is correct and all boxes are checked, then click “OK”.

3)      If the “Copy” process fails, it would likely be caused by a corrupt file. You can then try to bypass the corruption by holding down both the “Ctrl” and “Shift” Keys while performing step 1) immediately above.

4)      If you are asked "Ignore errors that prevent file copy?" click on "Yes".  (However you should know that doing this could cause data to be deleted.)

The “Validate & Repair” File steps are:

1)      Select: “File” > “Validate and Repair File...”

2)      Make sure that the “File to validate and repair” is the new Copy you made above, if it is not, click "Browse" and then locate and select the correct file.

3)      Read the “warnings” and check the boxes accordingly.  (I suggest you click” “Validate file”, “Rebuild investing lots”, “Correct investing price history” and “Repair”).  You can ignore the reset printer setting.

4)      Click “OK”

Once the Validate & Repair process finishes, review the output and correct any reported errors that the process did not repair.  Then restore your connections to the various "connected accounts".

Let me know how this goes.

Frankx

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Frankx,

I really appreciate all your help. 
    The Validation&Repair troubleshooting is one of the first things I did when I started having trouble 2 weeks ago. It showed no errors. I did a Super Validation too. No errors.
    Now I'm having problems with Billers too. It must be all connected.
    I'll run through the Validation&Repair procedure tomorrow.
    Thanks,
    Joe

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ran a Validation & Repair and it found several things. (This is getting worse, not better.) Now I have a few year's worth of data in one account that says something like: This account has been deleted and the following transactions are no longer assigned. (Something like that). 1st off this account never has been closed and shows that it is up-to-date.   (I'm sorry I don't have the exact messages. I accidentally clicked that screen off)
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Spotteddog

Thanks for the update. 

You probably know what I am going to ask - when did you last backup your Quicken datafile?  Second question - do you use Quicken mobile and/or Quicken on the web?

If you have a good backup that originated prior to when all of these issues started, I suggest that you revert to that.  But also be sure that you turn off both Quicken Mobile and Quicken on the web before using that backup.

Let me know how that goes,

Frankx

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Frankx,

I give up. I'll have to decide on some other approach. At this point, I don't think this can be fixed.

I never used Q mobile/on the web. I do a backup every day. But I only keep 30 backups and this started more than 30 days ago. So I'm beyond doing a restore. The 30 backups I have now all would have the same problem. Never did I think I would have to go back more than 30 days.  

I do appreciate all the help.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.