OL-362-A Financial Institution not found in data file when importing data

Quicken no longer finds Citi credit cards during one step update, so I'm trying to import file from Citi into Quicken. Getting error "Financial institution does not exist in data file OL-362-A".

Comments

• Hello @kilingiros .,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same error in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to determine whether or not this is caused by an issue within your current data file.

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account to be taken to the new file, then close the Add Account window.

Once the test file opens, go ahead and try to import the same .qfx file and see if you experience the same error in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    Created test file, same issues. credit cards are not showing in accounts being found at citi bank.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the name of the credit card.  Any chance you're selecting the wrong "CitiBank?"  There's "Citibank" and then there's also "Citi Cards."
  • kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    I have 1)Costco Anywhere Visa Citi, 2)Citi Double Cash Card. I tried using Citi Card as well, no good. Cards are viewable when I log into my Citi Checking account. Used to work using my Citi login. No longer shows my credit cards.
  • kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    I can't even import transactions! I choose export on citi web site, I open downloaded file and select my existing credit card, no transactions imported.
  • kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should not.  That "CC" error means the downloads are via Express Web Connect while your "OL" error says you're using Direct Connect, the best method. 
    This is does sound like a data file corruption issue if you can't import files taken directly from Citi's web site, but a new file showing the same problem would tend to put the kibosh on that theory.
    You might try a clean uninstall of Quicken followed by a fresh re-install, but before doing that you might want to  Contact Support directly to see if they can think of another path.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Hi @kilingiros .

If you are receiving the OL-362-A error code - I suggest that you shut down Quicken. Then open it again and try the download for those accounts again.  I believe that this procedure may correct those errors.

Let me know how this goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    I'm using Express Direct Connect, I'm not setup for Direct Connect.
  • kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    I'm not getting getting any error codes, I;m just no longer seeing my Citi Credit Cards, Just my Checking and Savings when I try to add accounts.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @killingros

You asked:
     "Do you think it has anything to do with this problem? https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898164/citi-bank-citi-cards-cc-502-102#latest"

... and the answer is maybe, but when you first opened this thread, you indicated that you were getting the "error code OL-362-A", and then today you say you are "not getting any error codes" so it is difficult to know exactly what is happening.

Do you have a backup of your Quicken file from the timeframe when you were able to download transactions from these accounts successfully?  If so, you could consider restoring the backup to see if you can successfully download those accounts in the older file.  If it does work, you could then just continue using that file and update it for transactions since the backup date.  Of course, you will lose all transactions and activity you entered or downloaded since the backup date.

But, I think the best course of action would be to contact Quicken Support for some hands-on assistance first.  Here's the LINK.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Frankx,
    AT one point i did get OL-362-A as you can see from my first post uploaded screen shot. I no longer get that error, just not seeing my Credit Card account being downloaded. Yet I did try an older backup as well as a new test file, again no Credit Cards for Citi being downloaded. I do have Citi Business Credit cards under a different citi-ID that work just fine.
  • kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    Apologies, I am getting a error code, cc-502, see attached image
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi again @killimgros

Okay thanks for that clarification - it does help because Citi bank cards was placed on the "known problems list on 8/24/21 - see this LINK.  And there is no indication that it has been fixed yet, so you should bookmark this post so you'll be notified when it has been fixed.

The CC-502 problem usually has to do with the bank's servers.  Here's the guidance you should follow:  https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-502

It is Very Important that you do not deactivate and reactivate your accounts - because that could cause more issues.

Let us know how this works out for you.

Frankx

• kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Frankx
This discussion has been closed.