why do I get "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed"

Options
Since SYNCHRONY BANK won't allow auto transaction downloads, I had been updating manually, but now I always get this error message "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed" !? What products it referring to? Obviously I have Quicken installed. Sure would like to get this corrected, as I find it inconvenient, and a source of possible errors or omissions when I have to type each transaction in.
Also, why can't Synchrony Bank transactions be downloaded like ALL of the rest of my accounts??
Your help would be much appreciated . . . Thanks, Dave

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I suspect you did not download a QFX file from the financial institution.   My guess is that the product Windows is referring to is Excel.

As to why you're having issues with Synchrony Bank, you'll have to provide more details.  The Express Web Connect connection method is inherently less reliable than other connection methods.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What version (Help->About Quicken) do you have installed?  Is the subscription current/active/valid?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• essdave
    essdave Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes I did, "transaction.qfx" is the file I received from the bank's export button and then when I run it I get the error.
  • essdave
    essdave Member ✭✭
    Options
    Version: R35.31, Build: 27.1.35.31 - membership valid until: May 02, 2022 (223 days from today)
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    essdave said:
    Yes I did, "transaction.qfx" is the file I received from the bank's export button and then when I run it I get the error.
    Attempt to import the file from within Quicken: select File > File Import > Web Connect (.QFX) File...

If successful, the implication is the file type association to a program in Windows or the browser has been altered.  One way to reset the file type association is to perform a clean uninstall and install: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken
  • essdave
    essdave Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'll give reinstall a try, Thanks!