Sector Analysis

tbf47
tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Does Quicken have any sector analysis tools for managing your investments?

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @tbf47

You can use the "Portfolio X-Ray" feature to see your stock sectors as well as other portfolio analysis.  Effectively, it uses Morningstar's data to perform the "analysis".  It is somewhat limited but many users find that it is very useful.

To use it - just open the Investing Tab and click on click on "Portfolio X-Ray".

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I don't know what sort of sector analysis you are looking for, but the X-ray also shows your sector breakdown.
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @tbf47

You can use the "Portfolio X-Ray" feature to see your stock sectors as well as other portfolio analysis.  Effectively, it uses Morningstar's data to perform the "analysis".  It is somewhat limited but many users find that it is very useful.

To use it - just open the Investing Tab and click on click on "Portfolio X-Ray".

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Frankx thank for your reply. As you probably know, the Morningstar tool is an asset allocation report. I was hoping there was easy access to Financial sector analytic report. It seems like an easy plug in. Maybe you can send this up chain.

Thanks TJ

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I don't know what sort of sector analysis you are looking for, but the X-ray also shows your sector breakdown.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Jim, (and Frankx) Thank you. the information was there further down. Just what I needed. I have been using Quicken for 30 years or so, since DOS 5. It is always pleasant when you find nuggets.

• What about Mac? No Portfolio X-ray for Quicken Premier for Mac?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    What about Mac? No Portfolio X-ray for Quicken Premier for Mac?
    Currently, that is the case, Quicken Mac doesn't have the MorningStar Portfolio X-Ray feature.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.