Bill Manager says T-Mobile account is locked. T-Mobile says it isn't.

I have been trying to update my online bill for T-Mobile for weeks now, but Quicken has been reporting that the "Biller account is locked" and that T-Mobile is reporting that the account is locked, suspended, or needs me to provide more information. But when I talk to T-Mobile, they say the account is not locked. I am able to log into my T-Mobile account without any difficulty.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @tspencer,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review this support article regarding this error message.

If you have already followed the guidance provided in the article, then as stated at the bottom of the article, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance so our support agents can further investigate and/or escalate if they see fit.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried the Review and Repair Online Billers action, available under the Settings gear icon in the Bills, Income & Transfers tab?

BTW, Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that can't be resolved in a timely fashion?

While you're waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (or PAC Draft, Autopay, APS) the next (and perhaps all future) payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken just record a scheduled reminder that does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the debit transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• tspencer
    tspencer Member ✭✭
    All that did was remove the bill locally. When I tried to add an Online Bill again, I got the same report that the Biller account is locked.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @tspencer,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review this support article regarding this error message.

If you have already followed the guidance provided in the article, then as stated at the bottom of the article, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance so our support agents can further investigate and/or escalate if they see fit.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• tspencer
    tspencer Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I called Quicken Support. After going through the same steps (AGAIN) of deleting the bill and trying to re-add it and getting the SAME Biller account is locked message, the support tech finally came back and read out a message saying that there is an issue with T-Mobile bills that Quicken is working on and that in the meantime I should pay my bills with T-Mobile online.

[Removed - Speculation/Inaccurate]
This discussion has been closed.