Costco Citi Anywhere Visa No Longer Connecting

chriskay
chriskay Member ✭✭✭
I have had a problem for about 3 weeks with the Costco Citi Anywhere card no longer connecting with Quicken. It has been fine for years. I have deactivated the account and attempted to reactivate and the following comes up "Oops. There is a connection problem. CC-502". Quicken can't add this account because the Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi website is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few hours. Thank you for your patience. I gave it 11 days actually in the last attempt. Does anyone have information on this? I will try to contact the Citi support also.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Jaysr said:
    I am still having issues. How did you get it to work? Also changing from Citibank to Citi Cards means I have to create a new account. Can I make the change to an existing account so I don't lose any of the history?
    Changing from Citibank to Citi Cards does not mean you have to create a new account.  After you deactivate the Online Services of the register, you may clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab.  When Quicken provides the accounts it finds at the financial institution, you should be able to link the account to the existing register.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "CC" error code means you're connected via Express Web Connect, not Direct Connect a much more reliable method.  Look at the Online Services tab for that Account and you should see a reference to changing the connection method.
  • chriskay
    chriskay Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your input. There actually is only one way to set it up and it says download transactions directly from your financial institution. I dug a bit deeper and Quicken has been on this for almost a month. It's an issue and I'm not the only one with it. So in the interim, we go to the Citi website and manually download transactions.
    Thanks much
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @chriskay

We are currently having issues with Citibank. We do not currently have an ETA. I would recommend following the post down below for more information on the issue. You can follow by going across the top to the right of the title and clicking the ribbon. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898164/citi-bank-citi-cards-cc-502-102#latest

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note to get Direct Connect with Costco credit card you have use the financial institution "Citi Cards" not "Citibank" (Citibank is Express Web Connect only).

Deactivate the card for downloading and then select Tools -> Add Account and type in Citi Cards and select the Advanced Options to select Direct Connect.

Also you need to enable this on the Citi Cards website.
    Select Profiles (the person icon) -> More Settings -> Manage Desktop Apps
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • chriskay
    chriskay Member ✭✭✭
    It's been working for a couple of weeks now. Transaction downloads are working.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @chriskay

Thank you for your response and for giving us an update. We are glad that your issue has now been resolved!

Please let us know if you come across any errors or have questions/concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Jaysr
    Jaysr Member
    I am still having issues. How did you get it to work? Also changing from Citibank to Citi Cards means I have to create a new account. Can I make the change to an existing account so I don't lose any of the history?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Jaysr said:
    Changing from Citibank to Citi Cards does not mean you have to create a new account.  After you deactivate the Online Services of the register, you may clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab.  When Quicken provides the accounts it finds at the financial institution, you should be able to link the account to the existing register.
This discussion has been closed.