Unable to reconnect Barclay's card

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: barclay card not downloading.

Comments

• Chuckster
    Chuckster Member ✭✭
    Having similar issue. Barclay card account has the red circle/slash next to it. I've used the Fix it Now button multiple times; it appears to re-add online services successfully but never actually fixes the issues. Tried Reset Account, and Logoff/Logon also.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Chuckster

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you I need more information. For instance, where are your main/active files stored? Is this also occurring in a backup file? Also, just for clarification could you make sure that the account is not closed? A red circle/slash next to the account indicates that the account is closed. A visual example is below. 

To check if the account is closed select Tools >Manage Hidden Accounts. You will be able to see on the far right side if the account is closed or not. 

Please elaborate and once more information is gathered we can move towards diagnosing the issue at hand. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Chuckster
    Chuckster Member ✭✭
    Hi, the main/active file is on C:.
    Restoring from a backup file does not resolve.
    Account is not closed.
    I've attempted Activating One Step Update at least a dozen times - it always appears to complete successfully (even says transactions downloaded for last xxx days).
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Chuckster

Thank you for the update. Could we get a screenshot of the account in the account sidebar and resetting the account as well? This should help us figure out what exactly could be causing the issue. I'll leave an article down below on how to include screenshots. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Note: You may need to drag the photos into the response box in order to add them to your response.

Once you get the chance let us know more and we'll figure out our next steps.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Chuckster
    Chuckster Member ✭✭
    Hi Francisco, here's what I'm seeing when I attempt the suggested fix.
    1.jpg 36.1K
    2.jpg 43.6K
    3.jpg 32.8K
    4.jpg 23.4K
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Chuckster

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering if we might need to disconnect the accounts normally rather than using the fix it button to see if we're able to resolve the issue. You'll want to click I will fix it later. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

First, we'll try deactivating all of the accounts for the affected FI. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.  You'll want to make sure you're using the add account option then linking to an existing account.

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Chuckster
    Chuckster Member ✭✭
    Good news, the red circle/slash is now gone and Quicken seems to think all is well. Bad news is that no transactions are downloading and One Step Update shows as successful
  • Chuckster
    Chuckster Member ✭✭
    Just went back into Quicken, the red circle/slash has returned
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Chuckster

Thank you for the additional information and update. Would it be possible to obtain a screenshot of the current issue to aid the visual aspect and get a better understanding? 

For instructions on attaching a screenshot click here. Please note that you may have to drag the image file into the response box. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Ben Antanaitis
    Ben Antanaitis Unconfirmed ✭✭
    ANY interactions with the Barclays  www.barclaycardus.com connection for the NEWLY migrated CHASE AARP VISA >>> TO Barclays AARP MC accounts  is IMPOSSIBLE to establish transactions or NEW STATEMENT BILL or PAY the BILL leads to the dreaded 'YOUR ACCOUNT IS BLOCKED. Contact the BILLER and Fix it there and come back and 'TRY AGAIN'.....   That creats an INFINITE loop of 'NAME/PASSWORD/SECURITY QUESTION 1-2-3-4-5...... GET YOUR PASSCODE ON THE PHONE AND THEN POST IT HERE TO CONTINUE........   FOLLOWED BY  'PLEASE LOG IN'.....  And we are off to the races again....... Name?/Password?/Security Question [1-5] PASSCODE.......     And quicken keeps posting 'PROCESSING'....'PROCESSING'.... and in the Bills table, If you look at the status... It says 'IGNORED TRANSACTION' .......    

WHEN YOU GO TO 'BARCLAYS HELP' and ask about QUICKEN..........; THIS IS WHAT YOU GET:

The policy is not to prevent or exclude any third-party apps or aggregators from accessing cardmember data on behalf of cardmembers. Due to increasing threats of fraud on financial websites and mobile apps, and in order to protect cardmember data, we no longer allow non-java script enabled browsers access to our site. In addition, we now require a one-time passcode security step when our customers log in from an unknown device or IP address.
    We have proactively reached out to third party apps and aggregators to inform them of the security modifications required for access to the Barclays site. Some have been able to make the necessary changes to accommodate our security enhancements. Others have not been able to accommodate these security modifications, and as a result their access will be blocked unless the customer re-authenticates.We are working on a solution that utilizes the latest standards and will enable us to maintain a high level of security while providing access to third party apps and aggregators, allowing them to be onboarded and enabled. We hope these enhancements will alleviate this inconvenience for our cardmembers in the future.
    In the meantime, you can always download your statement data from your account and import that data to your third party app. Download options include:
    -Excel® Versions 2003 and above
    -Quicken® Versions 10 and above
    -Quickbooks® Versions 10 and above

SO there it is KIDS...........   Who has the solution?  Why do I buy 'Check Pay' item monthly if I cannot use them?
  • Chuckster
    Chuckster Member ✭✭
    Paloma, I'm back where I started. I think Ben has found the real issue.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Chuckster

Thank you for the additional information. I cannot attest to the statement above posted by @Ben Antanaitis since we are still investigating this ongoing issue. Could you provide log files, so that we may take a closer look? 

To submit log files select Help >Report a problem. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. Your patience and cooperation are appreciated.

-Quicken Paloma  
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Ben Antanaitis, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize for the frustration and difficulties you are having. I noticed that you posted a statement/response from Barclay's Help desk. However, I am just wanting to clarify, are you having issues with downloading/adding accounts, Barclay as an online biller, or both? 

Please elaborate on the intentions with Barclay so that we may move forward with diagnosing/troubleshooting as needed. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Chuckster
    Chuckster Member ✭✭
    Log files sent
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Chuckster

Thank you for submitting log files, I have received them on my end. I will let you know if there anything is found. Your patience is greatly appreciated. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Quicken Paloma
    edited October 2021
    Hello @Chuckster

I am wondering if we could please have you do a test file? Before starting the process please make sure to make a backup of your current file. This can be done by selecting File >Create a complete backup. 

To begin select File >Create a copy or Template. When prompted save the file locally and type "TEST" for the file name. Next, in the copied file sign in with your Quicken ID and password. Lastly, select Tools >Add account, and enter your credentials for Barclay. Only add the Barclay account. No other accounts are necessary. You may notice that all other accounts have been disconnected/deactivated but this is okay since this file is solely for testing purposes.
    Be sure to let us know if you run into the same issue, other errors or if you were able to successfully download transactions.

When you have a moment please attempt the steps above and let us know the outcome. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Hallink
    Hallink Member ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    The comment by Ben is correct. Anyone trying to use Quicken with a Barclays card is wasting his time. I have the same card that Ben does. I have no idea how anyone was able to even set up an account. [Removed-Disruptive]. After being on hold for over 40 minutes, I finally spoke with a manager who was specifically dedicated to the AARP card, who absolutely, positively assured me that the card that Ben and I have, the AARP card recently issued by Barclays, will not work with Quicken at all.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hallink said:
    ... I finally spoke with a manager who was specifically dedicated to the AARP card, who absolutely, positively assured me that the card that Ben and I have, the AARP card recently issued by Barclays, will not work with Quicken at all.
    I cannot speak to the "NEWLY migrated CHASE AARP VISA >>> TO Barclays AARP MC" that @Ben Antanaitis referred to in his comment or any "recently issued" ones, but I just spoke with my in-laws who have the Barclay AARP card and they have been downloading transactions into Quicken just fine including today.
    However, since I am their tech person I advised them to never update Quicken till I give the green light and as such they are still using R32.12.  Their setup in Quicken is Express Web Connect to "Barclays Bank Delaware (www.barclaycardus.com)" if this helps as in below.

I am sorry for your experiences and for not being able to provide help - but just wanted to make sure that the data we provide is comprehensive so that the Quicken team can narrow it down and address the issue that many are experiencing faster.  Regards.

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no trouble downloading my AA Mastercard transactions from "Barclays Bank Delaware" either.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Joezippy
    Joezippy Member ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    [Removed-Disruptive] The Barclay AARP card that i was stuck with does not work at all in Quicken. For added insult PNC web connect has also not worked in over a year for one step update. Quicken was a good product for many year. [Removed-Disruptive]
  • Franklin Gould
    Franklin Gould Member ✭✭
    I just spoke with Barclay Card and the contact number (Advantage Card Services) displayed on the Quicken One Step update page and both indicated that they no longer have connectivity to Quicken. Both suggested I use teh bank web page to download,
This discussion has been closed.