Quicken 2007 MAC.

Options
slothurston
slothurston Member ✭✭
I recently tried to make a report for the new year and got this: Error: No transactions in the date range. There are in fact many transactions in the range.
Would anyone have an idea how to get around this.
Thanks

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    You'r reworking with an old program which is prone to database corruption from time to time. You could make a copy of your data file, then rebuild your indexes (Command-Option-B) -- which sometimes cures the most unexpected problems. I'm guessing that might fix your problem.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And if that does not work, also try making a copy using File >  Save a copy. This clears out even more cobwebs in the database that re-indexing cannot do.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• slothurston
    slothurston Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jacobs, thank you very much. I tried both suggestions. The rebuild went fine. Save Copy produced some errors and then quit. "Can't add statement" , "Unable to erase partly copied files" ,Can't add 1099 it already exits. Thanks Steve
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @slothurston So after rebuilding the indexes, is your report now working as expected?

The errors you saw with the Save A Copy provide some additional evidence that there is come damage inside your database, and that the longer you continue to run on Quicken 2007, the longer you are running on borrowed time. Until you decide to move on, make sure you keep many and extensive backup files over time in case something goes south in a really big/bad way.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.