New user - how to enter transactions manually

ksukat
ksukat Member
Just installed Quicken. Created accounts and it downloaded transactions from my bank. I still use a paper checkbook with register to record my debit card and paper check transactions. How do I access the register in quicken to manually enter what I recorded in my paper register so I can have Quicken do the reconciliation.
thanks.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://tech-content.quicken.com/WindowsQuickStart/story.html
  • ksukat
    ksukat Member
    I must be missing something because the linked document does not discuss a paper registry and reconciling with downloaded transactions from my bank. I must be missing a key concept here.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @ksukat,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

I recommend watching this Tutorial Video for instructions on how to manually enter transactions.

As for matching them to downloaded transactions, I recommend reviewing this support article for instructions.

However, to review and accept downloaded transactions/matches, I do also recommend that you turn on the setting for this first by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Downloaded transactions and checking to see that the checkbox for "Automatically add to banking registers" is unchecked (see below).

If it is checked, go ahead and uncheck it.

Additionally, being that you mentioned that you are a new user, I would also like to inform you that you do have the option to schedule a one-on-one tour with our Quicken 1-2-3 team. 

By doing so, one of our Quicken 1-2-3 team members will contact you via phone at your scheduled appointment time. This team has been specifically trained and put together to assist our new customers in getting familiarized with the program and learning how to utilize it to fit your needs, as well as answer any questions and/or address any concerns you may have.

If this is something that would interest you, then please, click here to select a time slot and schedule your tour! Alternatively, you can also call them directly at your own convenience. The phone number can be found through that same link.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    ksukat said:
    I must be missing something because the linked document does not discuss a paper registry and reconciling with downloaded transactions from my bank. I must be missing a key concept here.
    You asked How do I access the register.

The Windows Quick Start shows you a way to access the register:

There are many other ways to access a register.

If you want to perform a reconciliation, press Ctrl + R (or select Tools > Reconcile an Account...).

This discussion has been closed.