Schwab/USAA issues - login info won't persist

Every single time I attempt to download an update I get the pop-up "Quicken/Schwab is changing the way we connect..." and I have to login/re-link my accounts again, which takes a while.

I'm having the same issue with USAA now too (it keeps re-prompting me for my PIN every time I update).

Never had these issues before. This is ridiculous and unusable.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @jcricket73,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There are many people experiencing the Schwab problem. You may want to read this thread, and you can follow the instructions from the Quicken moderator on how to submit a bug report to add to their data seeking to pinpoint and resolve this problem. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jcricket73

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the community.  Our teams have been investigating this issue and have identified two scenarios in which the prompt to authorize the accounts continues to appear.

For more information, please see the update on our ongoing alert for the Schwab transition, available here.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • jcricket73
    jcricket73 Member ✭✭
    I backed up, signed out/quit, and signed back in. Same problem. Schwab continues to prompt me to reconnect/log back in. USAA does the same, but at least there I can just paste the access pin.

Oh, and I've lost access to my view-only Schwab accounts (ones in my wife's name). I suppose I could set-up a separate login (using hers) for those, but I doubt that would work. This is another bug you need to fix, because this worked perfectly well before.

These issues needs to get fixed or Quicken is unusable for me. I can't spend an extra 5 minutes logging back in every time I want to download transactions and reconcile.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I backed up, signed out/quit, and signed back in. Same problem. Schwab continues to prompt me to reconnect/log back in. USAA does the same, but at least there I can just paste the access pin.

Oh, and I've lost access to my view-only Schwab accounts (ones in my wife's name). I suppose I could set-up a separate login (using hers) for those, but I doubt that would work. This is another bug you need to fix, because this worked perfectly well before.

Hello @jcricket73

Thank you for sharing the steps you've taken to try to resolve this issue, although I apologize that this behavior persists.

May I ask, are you attempting to connect your Schwab account(s) in multiple data files? 
    If not, were you able to locate any older, possibly hidden or closed Schwab accounts that show they are still connected for downloads?  If you aren't sure, the steps to find these older accounts are available in the update added to our ongoing alert for Schwab on 11/12/21.

Please let us know, thank you again,

Sarah

• jcricket73
    jcricket73 Member ✭✭
    No hidden or closed Schwab accounts, and no multiple data files (I only use the one).

Again, my USAA accounts now ask for the access pin EVERY TIME, and I get the prompt to re-authorize Schwab EVERY TIME.

This is insane. Whatever you did broke tons of people
  • jcricket73
    jcricket73 Member ✭✭
    Also I can't access my view only accounts (that is, accounts from my wife that I have authorized for viewing). These are visible on Schwab.com, and used to download to Quicken. I don't get why things had to revert to bad again for downloading with this change.
This discussion has been closed.