Investment updates for Charles Schwab rejected effective 11/19/21

Q update version 38.36 installed. Suddenly zzcharlesschwab is rejecting the update request. Thought this issue was resolved?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. Please, refer to this open Community Alert for resolution instructions.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Zediculous
    Zediculous Member ✭✭
    Have the same issue
  • gcorvin
    gcorvin Member ✭✭
    same here
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DaveM
    DaveM Member ✭✭
    T Young - thanks for suggestion - yes I have - no change. And looks like the problem is identical for all users attempting to log unto Schwab this morning. Yesterday fine - today NG.
  • Same problem - for zz Charles Schwab get message "Your financial institution has rejected your request" when I do One Step update. OL-301-A. We've been updated to 36.38 since 31 Oct 21 but have been getting the One Step message to update almost daily, only to get the response "you're up to date". Please get this corrected - our investment accounts are important to us.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. Please, refer to this open Community Alert for resolution instructions.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• wxman
    wxman Member ✭✭
    Anja, do you expect the issue to be resolved without requiring the deactivate/reactivate process, or will this need to be done. I'm OK waiting but if I need to do the process I'd like to know now. Thanks.
  • Quicken Anja
    @wxman While we do request that you at least try the instructions provided to resolve the issue, our teams are also aware of issues being experienced and reported with Charles Schwab and are in communication with Schwab's team to work towards getting these issues investigated and resolved, though we do not have an ETA available on how long that process will be.

Additionally, if the instructions provided fail to resolve the problem we do also recommend reaching out to Quicken Support for further assistance so our team can collect all data necessary in order for our Tier 2 team to further investigate. Alternatively, you can also submit your log files by navigating to Help > Report a Problem.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• Tom Young
    This won't be a seamless process, you will need to deactivate ALL accounts - including hidden accounts - and set up downloading under the new process:

• wxman
    wxman Member ✭✭
    > @Tom Young said:
    > @wxman
    > This won't be a seamless process, you will need to deactivate ALL accounts - including hidden accounts - and set up downloading under the new process:https://www.quicken.com/support/how-manually-change-connection-method-charles-schwab-accounts

Thanks! I know that it's a PIA!! And, going to be very pissed if it doesn't work. Can others who have tried this approach chime in to confirm it's not resolving the current issue? As I said, this was updating fine yesterday.
  • Tom Young
    The theory here is that you knew about the changeover beforehand and, accordingly, yesterday morning you deactivated all Schwab Accounts and re-established downloading under the new protocol before attempting an OSU. 
    If you follow the steps outlined in the above link then it should work but there's no guarantees.  Even though I did know about the transition and did all the right things to connect to EWC+ properly, I was unable to get the Accounts back up and accepting downloads.  Between yesterday and today I've probably spent 6 hours on getting this right - including a nearly 3 hour marathon with support this morning - before things were straightened out.  After all that I only have 664 downloaded transactions to delete.

• winecracker
    winecracker Member ✭✭✭
    Have tried this resolution and it does not work for me.
  • Tom Niccum
    Tom Niccum Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Hi all... I've tried all the resolution methods I can find.

My issue is that I have 6 accounts with Schwab,  I deactivated all 6, then went back to "Add Account"

When I "add account" and it searches Schwab for a list of my accounts, the only one that shows up is the checking account.  No IRAs or other investment accounts are listed.

There doesn't seem to be any resolution to. this that I've found.  Any hints would be welcomed!

• rwrouse
    rwrouse Member
    I tried the recommended solution and ended up with duplicate accounts. Instead of connecting the account I was editing, Quicken created entirely new accounts. I had to restore from backup.
  • winecracker
    winecracker Member ✭✭✭
    I can't even logon now to reactivate or add my Schwab accounts. This image is what I'm getting.
  • winecracker
    winecracker Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Well, I followed the recommended process, again. Was taken to Schwab to login and authorize access, select accounts to synch - (link accounts; don't add new.) Downloaded hundreds of transactions that were previously downloaded, but otherwise seems to be working now.
  • Tom Young
    edited November 2021
    You need to select "Link" from the drop down menu and match each account at the financial institution to one of your Quicken Accounts. 

• Dick Blaine
    Dick Blaine Member ✭✭
    Link option not available in drop-down list for brokerage accounts ... only Add or ignore. Chose Add and ended up with four new brokerage accounts each with one entry (placeholder) for each security. No transactions. Previous accounts (with zz prefix) still available but download was deactivated. How can I restore the hundreds-thousands? of transactions to these 4 brokerage accounts?
  • Mikey-FL
    Mikey-FL Member ✭✭
    As of 11/22/21 still receiving error 301-a with charles schwab. my message additionally indicates that communication with this financial institution has been disabled. i assume that i really can't do anything further until they open the lines of communication between quicken and schwab.
  • Daniyoung
    Daniyoung Member ✭✭
    I just tried today, and the Schwab "reauthorize" button does not work on my OSU summary screen (I get "..." which, when hovered over shows a reauthorize button ghost, but is not executable.)

Not sure what to do next.
  • Judyrb
    Judyrb Member ✭✭
    I have 3 investment accounts and a checking account. The Reauthorize process for linking to existing accounts allowed me to match the investment accounts but there was no match for my banking account. I could only add or ignore the account. What is Quicken looking for to match in a checking account (we have two others)? Is the new connection method Express Web Connect or ??

The documentation mentions all accounts, including checking, but I wonder...is a Schwab Investor Banking account really supposed to be "converted"? I use a 2FA for this account with VIP Symantec per Schwab and it has always worked correctly.

I have restored to morning of 11/19 multiple times and made several attempts.
  • I'm having the issues also. My Schwab account would not update then after "re-authorizing" it dropped all of my investments except the cash. I've had nothing but trouble with this POS software over the past 6 years. If only there were a competitor (Not owned by Quicken) I would gladly switch.
  • I am having similar issues. Not only are there hundreds of downloaded transactions I need to reconcile, but the process has deleted older reconciled transactions from more than a year ago, and replace them with generic downloaded transactions. Unbelievable mess. I've resorted to a two-week old backup and keep trying the process with the same (bad) results.
  • DSmythe
    DSmythe Member ✭✭
    For my brokerage accounts, I went through the painful update process, got it to work and balanced everything. Today, it is not downloading transactions, so is a delay in the new connection with Schwab?

As an aside, I still cannot get the bank account to work correctly and whenever it downloads it destroys about 5 other accounts because it mistakenly matches transfers with credit cards and other accounts and causes them to be out of balance. At the end of the month I am going to try to create a new account, add it and then swap out the old for the new.
This discussion has been closed.