Downgrade from premier to deluxe

Options
how does this downgrade work?
do I just install Deluxe and RESTORE my last PREMIER backup file?

Answers

• Ken267
    Ken267 Member ✭✭
    Options
    do i have to uninstall quicken premier first?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just install Deluxe (but take a backup beforehand).  The install of Deluxe will, itself, uninstall Premier.
    And, the newly installed Deluxe should, itself, automatically read your Premier file.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ken267 said:
    do i have to uninstall quicken premier first?
    You do not need to uninstall the Quicken program.

The Quicken ID associated with the Quicken file determines the features provided by the Quicken program.

You'll be downgrading the subscription associated with your Quicken ID.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hi, i am looking for the link in Manage My Subscription that will allow me to purchase a downgraded version, but all I see is the link to renew my existing higher-priced subscription. I want a seamless transfer of all existing accounts and categories to the new version without having to attempt the stressful process of trying to re-install all existing files and accounts in the new version. What do I do? Thanks.
    It is my understanding that you can't do a downgrade from your Quicken.com account.  You need to contact Quicken support.
    http://quicken.com/contact-support

It would also be possible to downgrade using an Access Code from a retail purchase, but I don't know what kinds of restrictions/problems you might run into.  For instance, I think you have to do it within the last 6 months of your subscription, and I'm not sure that if apply it that it will extend/prorate anything.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/