Is there a way to copy selected transactions from one data base to a different data base.

I was missing transactions from June of this year until September. This was caused by a problem with Chase going to a 2 step verification on downloads. I was able to create a file and down load the data, but it was from April until October. I only need selected transactions from that time period. Is there a way to copy the selected transaction and add them to my data file I us daily?

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You may export and import the transactions using QIF files but I think it is probably easier to import the transactions pulled from the financial institution.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    See this FAQ to get your missing transactions: FAQ - Download old transactions

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You may export and import the transactions using QIF files but I think it is probably easier to import the transactions pulled from the financial institution.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    See this FAQ to get your missing transactions: FAQ - Download old transactions

• UB12
    UB12 Member
    Thanks for the Help.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chase only allows exporting the last 3 months of transaction no matter if it is in QFX or CSV format, so that suggestion is out.

You can open the old Quicken data file and export transactions in the QIF format.
    File -> File Export -> QIF File...

You can import that file into the other data file by opening it and selecting:
    File -> File Import -> QIF File...

Note you might have problems with the transfers.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chris_QPW
    I just checked my Chase Freedom credit card and it allowed me to download in .QFX format from my Feb 2021 statement.
    I can't speak to the other types of accounts like Saving or Checking, but the credit cards go back a ways.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    splasher said:
    @Chris_QPW
    I just checked my Chase Freedom credit card and it allowed me to download in .QFX format from my Feb 2021 statement.
    I can't speak to the other types of accounts like Saving or Checking, but the credit cards go back a ways.
    Sorry my mistake.  I forgot that the Chase account I was using wasn't open over three months ago.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.