Pentagon Federal Credit Union download not working

Comments

• dougmoyer
    dougmoyer Member ✭✭
    Same issue for the last 7 days. As stated in other comments, Quicken continues to have theses many times throughout the year. Quicken: Why Penfed and not the other 8 institutions I use?
  • PricklyPete
    PricklyPete Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    [removed - rant/unhelpful]
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 financial institutions that currently needs fixed that Quicken is aware of both problems and my subscription just renewed. No word when either will be fixed. I get it PricklyPete!
  • Smart_VAH
    Smart_VAH Member ✭✭
    Download and update problems with Pentagon Fed Credit Union accounts since last entry around 25 Nov 2021, encountering CC 501 error and 'Oops! Unable to Connect to Quicken servers. . .' responses. Hope for a solution?!
  • Scott Saylor
    Scott Saylor Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I reported this script issue to Quicken nearly 2 weeks ago, no forward movement to date.

[removed - violation of community guidelines]
  • PricklyPete
    PricklyPete Member ✭✭✭
    Apparently if you voice your displeasure at the situation your comment is censored. I'm so glad this is a subscription service.
  • PricklyPete
    PricklyPete Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the community.  Our teams have identified an internal scrip error with Pentagon Federal Credit Union that has been escalated to our service providers for further review and resolution.
    >
    > If you would like to be automatically notified as updates and/or a solution for these errors become available, please visit here and follow the alert by clicking the bookmark icon in the upper right.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Sarah

[comment still here - though not helpful]
  • Christopher Reed
    Christopher Reed Member ✭✭✭
    Same CC-501 error. This has been a problem for almost 2 weeks. Since Quicken is now a subscription service, Is it possible to get a refund for the period of time it has been out of service?
  • Scott Saylor
    Scott Saylor Member ✭✭✭
    > @Christopher Reed said:
    > Same CC-501 error. This has been a problem for almost 2 weeks. Since Quicken is now a subscription service, Is it possible to get a refund for the period of time it has been out of service?

That would be a reasonable request. Few people know that Xfinity (another subscription service) offers credit for documented internet outages. You don't even have to speak with anybody, all available online.
  • wolfere
    wolfere Member ✭✭
    How long does it take to resolve this issue? apparently it has been a problem for some time. I spent an hour in a chat session with Quicken today. Very frustrating!
  • PricklyPete
    PricklyPete Member ✭✭✭
    > Same CC-501 error. This has been a problem for almost 2 weeks. Since Quicken is now a subscription service, Is it possible to get a refund for the period of time it has been out of service?

I was wondering the same thing.
  • JRGlen
    JRGlen Member
    Same issue, why so long to resolve?
  • dougmoyer
    dougmoyer Member ✭✭
    Getting a CPSERVER_ERROR:ccclient.203 on a MAC Sent another report
  • chris deat
    chris deat Member ✭✭
    Same problem here but just my Pen Fed accounts. Citibank and even Lowes Business account update. i just canceled my renewal because of this. If you can't download what good is this program. Please fix it and I will renew my subscription.
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering the same thing.
    Good luck.  From Quicken's Terms of Use, which every Quicken user has agreed to:

Third-Party Products and Services. Some Products and Services have functionality that is provided by third parties (including our Suppliers in some cases). In some cases Products and Services are provided by third parties entirely. All of these things are called Third-Party Products or Third-Party Services, or Third-Party Products and Services collectively. Third-Party Products and Services include things like (a) online payments services, (b) data downloaded from financial institutions for you to process within Products, (c) credit reporting or monitoring, (d) billing functionality, (e) data storage and management, (f) information services, (g) financial offerings, and (h) third-party forms and publications. Other Third-Party Products and Services may be added in the future.

The following provisions apply to your use of Third-Party Products and Services:

• You must accept and comply with any applicable terms and conditions. You may be required to accept different or additional terms and conditions from our Suppliers and third-party providers, even where the Products or Services are delivered to you via the interface with our Products. These different terms and conditions may include privacy, use of data or Content, storage limits, or payment (all such terms collectively the "Third-Party Terms"). You agree to comply with all Third-Party Terms and any requirements imposed by third-party providers (including our Suppliers). Third-Party Terms may be updated without notice from time to time, and you agree to check periodically to be sure you have reviewed (and are in compliance with) any updates.
    • You may be required to create additional Credentials, and you give us permission to store, use, and share them if necessary to provide Services that you select. You agree to create additional Credentials if required to use Third-Party Products and Services, and to manage them according to our requirements and the Third-Party Terms. You must contact the Supplier or third-party provider if there are any issues; this is something we do not control. If you access Third-Party Products or Services from within our Products or Services, then you grant us permission to store your Credentials for the Third-Party Products and Services, and you expressly appoint us as your attorney-in-fact and agent with limited power of attorney and with all necessary rights to use your Credentials on your behalf and to collect, send, receive, retrieve, process, store, and create new Content and other information from these Products and Services. You agree to let us interact with Third-Party Products and Services for you.
    • We may add or remove Third-Party Products and Services in our discretion. You are generally not required to accept Third-Party Products and Service, but you may only choose from available offerings. These offerings may change from time to time as we identify new Third-Party Products and Services that we think you may like, or as we determine that older ones are no longer useful.
    • The data contained in Third-Party Products and Services may not always be up to date. In some cases this data is updated nightly, in other cases only upon request, and in some cases only on a monthly basis, or even less frequently. The latest data may not always be reflected in the Products and Services. You agree that in cases of important data, or where you require the most up-to-date information (such as financial transactions other important decisions), you will go to the provider of the information directly. If you note a discrepancy between data viewed via our Products and Services, the Third-Party Products and Services, or the source of the data, please check with the source. We do not monitor and have no obligation to monitor any of your Content or other data that is stored or processed via any Third-Party Products and Services.
    • You are responsible for your relationship with third parties, including any Suppliers. If you decide to use or access any Third-Party Products and Services, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) you are responsible for your relationship with the Third-Party Products and Service provider, (b) unless we notify you otherwise, you are solely responsible for payment of any applicable charges or fees, and (c) you will not use the Third-Party Products and Services in a manner that infringes or violates the rights of us or any other third party, or for any criminal, fraudulent, or other unlawful activity. Except for Third-Party Products and Services that we offer to you directly as part of our Products and Services, we are not affiliated with and do not control any Third-Party Products and Services. In no case do we endorse any Third-Party Products and Services. If you choose to send your Content or other data from within our Products and Services to the providers of Third-Party Products and Services, such data may be transferred to another country where privacy and security controls are less strict. We do not assure the safety or security of any such Content or other data.
    • To the maximum allowable extent, we are not responsible for Third-Party Products and Services. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WHEN WE OR OUR SUPPLIERS ACCESS AND RETRIEVE YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND CONTENT FROM PROVIDERS OF THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, WE ARE ACTING AS YOUR AGENT, AND NOT AS THE AGENT OF THE PROVIDER. NEITHER WE NOR OUR SUPPLIERS REVIEW, AND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR, THE ACCURACY OF ANY DATA YOU RECEIVE FROM THE PROVIDERS. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE QUALITY OF THE THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, OR ANY DATA CONTAINED OR PROCESSED THEREIN. YOU AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES (IF ANY) IS SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE PROVIDERS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE OR OUR SUPPLIERS OR ANY OF OUR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY FEES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, LOSSES, COSTS, EXPENSES, OR LIABILITIES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. IN NO CASE WILL YOU SEEK TO HOLD US OR OUR SUPPLIERS OR ANY OF OUR LICENSORS RESPONSIBLE IN ANY MANNER FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF SUCH PROVIDERS, EVEN IF NEGLIGENT OR INTENTIONALLY WRONGFUL.
  • Scott Saylor
    Scott Saylor Member ✭✭✭
    No joy yet, same error today.

Regarding the TOS, this error is not a third party problem. It's a "QUICKEN CONNECT" scripting error problem on the Quicken cloud server(s). That's why the error instructs you NOT to contact PenFed.
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please re-read Section (b) Third Party Products and Services.

Which includes "data downloaded from financial institutions for you to process within Products".

This is exactly a third party problem.

Quicken gets its data from Intuit servers (Intuit does NOT own Quicken Inc for the past six years). And Intuit's servers gets its data from PenFed. 

Doesn't matter whether it's a "scripting error" or whatever.  The data belongs to PenFed.  They transmit it to Intuit's servers.  Which in turn gets transmitted to your Quicken product.

PenFed and Intuit are Third Party Services. 
  • Scott Saylor
    Scott Saylor Member ✭✭✭
    "Doesn't matter whether it's a "scripting error" or whatever. The data belongs to PenFed. They transmit it to Intuit's servers. Which in turn gets transmitted to your Quicken product."

That may be true for other connection types but not Quicken Connect on the Mac.

"Quicken Connect in Quicken for Mac only: Quicken Connect is also a one-way connection between Quicken and the bank server, but does not use a scheduled aggregation system such as the Express Web
    Connect method. Also, login credentials are stored in the Mac Keychain, not in Quicken."

I interpret this to imply that downloaded data is only stored locally on the Quicken App - there is no data stored on Quicken (or Intuit) servers as with the other connection types. And, FI credentials are stored locally as well, not on servers. So, yes, Quicken owns Quicken Connect errors in the Quicken For Mac App because they are responsible for the scripts connecting the Quicken client App and the bank via scripts. For those concerned about their financial data floating out on the web, Quicken connect has always been the preferred connection method of choice (otherwise you'd be using MINT).

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

Perhaps a moderator can chime in here to clarify.
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    You are sorely mistaken.

What you're referring to is DIRECT CONNECT.  NOT Quicken Connect.

Quicken Connect in Quicken Mac is EXACTLY like Express Web Connect in Quicken Windows.  It is an aggregation process where Intuit's servers log in, usually during the middle of the night, to YOUR financial institutions.  Data is "screen scraped" from your FI to the Intuit servers.  When you initiate a One Step Update in Quicken Mac, Intuit's servers are accessed and your awaiting transaction data file is downloaded to your copy of Quicken.

The only thing you are correct is that the passwords for Quicken Mac reside on the Mac Keychain and not within the Quicken data file (the Quicken Windows Password Vault).  But even with that, your Quicken Connect passwords reside on the Intuit servers.  

You can imply all you want...or make whatever assumptions you want.

These are not "scripted" errors accessing PenFed.  They are errors on PenFed's part because they subtley changed their website enough that Quicken's screen scraping process cannot figure out the proper layout for PenFed's transaction data.

PenFed, as with ALL Quicken participating financial institutions, is obligated to notify Quicken of any changes to their site so that Quicken can assist them in the transaction download process connection.  It's in their contract with Quicken.

But, as usual, and in most cases these are credit unions...they ignore that contract and make changes at will.  Then Quicken is left trying to go back and "retrofit" the connection process.  

Ergo, this is a Third Party Service.  

I suggest you review this DIRECTLY from Quicken.  Make sure you select the Quicken Mac tab:

https://www.quicken.com/support/mac/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

• Scott Saylor
    Scott Saylor Member ✭✭✭
    The link you posted is to the same page I posted. Did you even read it?

I am NOT referring to DIRECT CONNECT that uses aggregate servers.

QUICKEN CONNECT (on the Mac) is a one-way connection between Quicken and the bank server, but does not use a scheduled aggregation system such as the Express Web Connect method (the REASON account credentials are stored on the Mac).

I just noticed you're a WINDOWS user so I'll excuse you. Quicken for Mac is totally different.

I will speak no more on the subject....
  • After two weeks, I finally was able to update my Penfed account. I hope it stays up for awhile.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, my PenFed finally updated but not all transactions came through. Looks like transactions through December 1st for me came through, nothing after. Balance are correct for the accounts. Maybe tomorrow transactions will come through.
  • dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    PenFed updated without error for me but no transactions came through, I guess that's a start
  • PricklyPete
    PricklyPete Member ✭✭✭
    > @garysmith87 said:
    > You are sorely mistaken.
    >
    > What you're referring to is DIRECT CONNECT.  NOT Quicken Connect.
    >
    > Quicken Connect in Quicken Mac is EXACTLY like Express Web Connect in Quicken Windows.  It is an aggregation process where Intuit's servers log in, usually during the middle of the night, to YOUR financial institutions.  Data is "screen scraped" from your FI to the Intuit servers.  When you initiate a One Step Update in Quicken Mac, Intuit's servers are accessed and your awaiting transaction data file is downloaded to your copy of Quicken.
    >
    > The only thing you are correct is that the passwords for Quicken Mac reside on the Mac Keychain and not within the Quicken data file (the Quicken Windows Password Vault).  But even with that, your Quicken Connect passwords reside on the Intuit servers.  
    >
    > You can imply all you want...or make whatever assumptions you want.
    >
    > These are not "scripted" errors accessing PenFed.  They are errors on PenFed's part because they subtley changed their website enough that Quicken's screen scraping process cannot figure out the proper layout for PenFed's transaction data.
    >
    > PenFed, as with ALL Quicken participating financial institutions, is obligated to notify Quicken of any changes to their site so that Quicken can assist them in the transaction download process connection.  It's in their contract with Quicken.
    >
    > But, as usual, and in most cases these are credit unions...they ignore that contract and make changes at will.  Then Quicken is left trying to go back and "retrofit" the connection process.  
    >
    > Ergo, this is a Third Party Service.  
    >
    > I suggest you review this DIRECTLY from Quicken.  Make sure you select the Quicken Mac tab:
    >
    >
    > https://www.quicken.com/support/mac/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

Penfed DID change the user login web page. It's pretty non standard - My Dashlane password manager doesn't even recognize the fields anymore.
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    The link you posted is to the same page I posted. Did you even read it?

I am NOT referring to DIRECT CONNECT that uses aggregate servers.

QUICKEN CONNECT (on the Mac) is a one-way connection between Quicken and the bank server, but does not use a scheduled aggregation system such as the Express Web Connect method (the REASON account credentials are stored on the Mac).

I just noticed you're a WINDOWS user so I'll excuse you. Quicken for Mac is totally different.

I will speak no more on the subject....
    First off, I use Quicken Mac AND Quicken Windows.

Second, I think you're confusing scheduled aggregation with actually using Intuit's servers to flow data through.  The data that flows from the Financial Institution to Quicken Mac using Quicken Connect still flows through Intuit's server.  It does not go from the FI directly to Quicken.  

And even if it didn't, PenFed is STILL the Third Party Service here (PenFed has their own servers that stores your transaction and bank info)...and Quicken has no liability whatsoever as described in the Terms of Use YOU agreed to.  

From this discussion from Quicken Sarah:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7851859/faq-how-quicken-connects-with-your-financial-institution-tips-tricks-and-best-practices

Quicken Connect

Quicken Connect in Quicken for Mac is also a one-way connection between Quicken and the Financial Institution server, but does not use a scheduled aggregation system such as the Express Web Connect method. 

Information to Know

1.  Accounts are updated in real-time, time-out errors may be received due to the number of connections and requests being made at the server potentially at the same time. The Financial Institution may manage the server traffic by throttling or blocking connections, resulting in failed updates or errors in Quicken.

2.  Due to the “real-time” nature of this connection method, it is generally considered the most reliable next to Direct Connect.

3.  Financial Institution Login Credentials are stored in the Mac Keychain and not in Quicken.

4.  Troubleshooting steps are limited, if an error code or message occurs, search the Quicken Help Articles for the error code or contact Quicken Support for assistance.

• hansenb40
    hansenb40 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    I don't get any error messages now, but I don't get any transactions either. I opened a new account and my attempt to add the account to quicken gives the CC-501. My guess is we have a patch in place prior to a real fix.
  • Smart_VAH
    Smart_VAH Member ✭✭
    My previous 'encounter' with Quicken Support was in Aug 2021, and the issue was . . .PENTAGON FED CR UNION. In 3 months we the Quicken Users have this issue revisited, waiting patiently for a solution. Any updates, Quicken Experts? Thank you.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    No new transactions today. But did update second time around. First update attempt said password was wrong. It was/is the same I used yesterday and it went through. Updated again and it updated, but still no transactions.
  • dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Has anyone been able to download transactions yet? I reset my account and when trying to set it back up I am still receiving error 501
This discussion has been closed.