CapitolOne Reauthorization: not working causing quicken to freeze (cc-901)

neydag
neydag Member ✭✭
I have followed the instructions provided on the quicken site to resolve the capitol one reauthorization error, however when the reauthorization process initiates it never provides me the one credit card account I have in quicken (to check) and sign in. Instead, it says reauthorizing and then promptly freezes the application. I am able to manually download the transactions, however, I can no longer use one step update for capitol one.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    edited October 2021
    Hello @neydag,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Have you tried deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Setup Now), please?

If needed, please follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• neydag
    neydag Member ✭✭
    Thank you I will give this a try, and advise please don't close this thread . Do I need to change or stipulate any specific connection method? Is there any downside to doing this?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @neydag

Thank you for your response and please be assured we will not close an active discussion post. Also, you are not required to change your connection method. It is at your discretion and convenience which is used. 

When you have a moment attempt the steps provided by Quicken Anja and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 
  • neydag
    neydag Member ✭✭
    HI, i tried resetting the account and it I get error 501 when quicken tries to add the account back in. It says oops quicken servers are having a problem connecting to capitol one bank. I did not deactivate and reactivate, I chose to reset the account instead. Based on the description of reset (deactivate an reactivate) it seemed to accomplish the same. Other suggestions?
  • neydag
    neydag Member ✭✭
    I tried deactivating, then reactivating and i get small dialogue box that says "quicken update status" th and quicken is now frozen!
  • neydag
    neydag Member ✭✭
    Correction: When I try to re-activate the account it says, unable to connect with Quicken Servers
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• neydag
    neydag Member ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Ive followed all deactivate and reactivate instructions as provided for windows. When I try to reactivate i receive an error message with 501 and a message that quicken is unable to contact quicken servers. [Removed-Speculation]. I use capitol one extensively I hope this problem is escalated in quicken.
  • bhinkston
    bhinkston Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem.
  • sharona
    sharona Member ✭✭
    Reauthorization appeared to work for a few days. However, starting yesterday it stopped again. I tried to reset my account but it just hung up. I deactivated the online access and attempted to setup online access again. I login and it appears to sync with quicken and account. however, it just comes back to the screen saying I need to authorize my account and it just loops back saying I need to authorize my account.
  • neydag
    neydag Member ✭✭
    I continue to have the same problem as well.
  • robinsd
    robinsd Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Same here. Works for a few days then same problem and have to reboot to get Quicken to quit.

• Jerry H
    Jerry H Member
    It's the same for the subscription accounts as well
  • I am having the same problem and same errors with the fix provided.
This discussion has been closed.