Can summaries by month show the month not a date range?

Options
mtb_mike
mtb_mike Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Reports (Mac)
The date range also gets a bit chopped off

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @mtb_mike  I missed it earlier, but here is the thread which reported the Monterey issue with reports. It shows exactly what you reported. I'd also note that the last post in the thread says that while it's messed up on-screen, the printed report is okay. I don't know if you've tried that, but you might if you need to generate the report in the future.

I also recommend taking a few seconds to submit this via the Report a Problem feature on the Help menu; include your screen shot. Quicken doesn't provide responses to those submissions, so unless/until we find out it's fixed or is a known bug, it's worth as many people as possible reporting it to make certain it's on their radar.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hi @mtb_mike,

Thank you for reaching out to the community with this question. Unfortunately, there is no way for you to be able to change the way that the Summary by Month is labeled. I believe you are wanting it to show (January) rather than showing (1/1/21-1/31/21) which is not a setting that is able to be changed. 

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause, and please do not hesitate to reach out for any further assistance or questions that you may have. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    Options
    @mtb_m I'm curious what version of Quicken and what version of macOS you are using. On my Quicken 6.4.5, I'm not seeing the column crowding you're showing:

But there have been some report alignment issues reported by users who are on macOS Monterey (which I am not), so I'm wondering if you are?

Meanwhile, if it's really a problem for you, you could export the report as a CSV file, open it in Numbers or Excel, and fix the column headings manually. Not ideal, but it's a workaround should you need to clean up the report. 
  • mtb_mike
    mtb_mike Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Version 6.4.5 (Build 604.41859.100) and macOS 12.1. Yeah, not a big deal. I did import into Numbers and that worked well.
  • jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @mtb_mike  I missed it earlier, but here is the thread which reported the Monterey issue with reports. It shows exactly what you reported. I'd also note that the last post in the thread says that while it's messed up on-screen, the printed report is okay. I don't know if you've tried that, but you might if you need to generate the report in the future.

I also recommend taking a few seconds to submit this via the Report a Problem feature on the Help menu; include your screen shot. Quicken doesn't provide responses to those submissions, so unless/until we find out it's fixed or is a known bug, it's worth as many people as possible reporting it to make certain it's on their radar.
This discussion has been closed.