Pentagon Federal Credit Union download not working

Comments

• PricklyPete
    PricklyPete Member ✭✭✭
    > @mikejaegerster said:
    > I have been on a live chat with support for the past hour trying to work through my issues. I am in the middle of adding my PenFed accounts to a test file which seemed to at least recognize the accounts. No transaction downloads, however.

That is exactly where I am at the moment.
  • DCKiwi
    DCKiwi Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Syncing with PenFed was generating an error, that was reported here and claimed to be fixed: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20224646#Comment_20224646

While the error no longer occurs, no new transactions are being downloaded for any of my PenFed accounts. Anyone else experiencing this?
  • System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Transaction download not working for Provident Credit Union.
  • el_bajo
    el_bajo Member ✭✭
    So, mods, why is this not being reopened as an issue and the "Resolved" removed from the official Issue? It's obvious we are trying to do what is suggested and none of it works. We just want the software we pay for to do what we pay for it to do.

BTW, I am not able to tag @Quicken Alyssa (only see five other @quicken names), so sorry if that makes things more difficult to follow.
  • JFLeide
    JFLeide Member ✭✭
    Yes. I'm still experiencing the same thing. I don't get the error message any more, but the transactions don't download. The last time I had a successful download was 2 December.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    edited December 2021
    Hello again,

@JFLeide, I did look into your profile. It looks like you have two active datasets, and in both PFCU is working without issue.

There is one PFCU savings account that is not connected in one file but is connected in the other. Is that correct? If so, I would suggest that you reset the connections on these accounts.

To do this, click on one of the PFCU accounts on the left. Then click on Settings in the bottom right corner of your account register. It opens a window with three tabs at the top, you can click on Downloads. Then you will have 4 buttons to choose from and you can click Reset Connection. It will take you through some prompts to reestablish a connection with PFCU. 

Anyone else not getting new transactions downloaded can do these steps as well. Do let us know if this resolves the issue. 

Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• @el_bajo, in order to tag someone that has a space in their name, you need to put an @ then quotations around the name. Like this, "Quicken Alyssa", and you put the @ before the first quotation.

Hope that helps.

-- I also wanted to ask all of you in this discussion who are not getting transactions downloaded, to please go to Help>Report a problem from within your software. There you can provide a brief description of the issue, and please leave the log files attached. Then you can Send To Quicken so we can review them and continue escalating this issue if needed. 

If you do submit lig files, please update this thread saying that you have done so. Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Christopher Reed
    Christopher Reed Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Have tried reset: 501 error. Have tried deactivate and reactivate: 501 error. Only thing that works is if I go to PenFed website and download individual transactions manually. When I try to go back to reconnect for auto download I still get 501 error. Have just launched my 3rd "report a problem" datafile.
  • mhawrysko
    mhawrysko Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Alyssa said:
    > Hello again,
    >
    > @JFLeide, I did look into your profile. It looks like you have two active datasets, and in both PFCU is working without issue.
    >
    > There is one PFCU savings account that is not connected in one file but is connected in the other. Is that correct? If so, I would suggest that you reset the connections on these accounts.
    >
    > To do this, click on one of the PFCU accounts on the left. Then click on Settings in the bottom right corner of your account register. It opens a window with three tabs at the top, you can click on Downloads. Then you will have 4 buttons to choose from and you can click Reset Connection. It will take you through some prompts to reestablish a connection with PFCU. 
    >
    > Anyone else not getting new transactions downloaded can do these steps as well. Do let us know if this resolves the issue. 
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    >
    >
    > Quicken Alyssa

@Quicken Alyssa the lower right gear in my account doesn't offer the options you mention. How else can I reset connection or is this the same as Deactivate and Reactivate?? PenFed CC-501 error that I put to support yesterday along with other times too. Thanks.
  • hansenb40
    hansenb40 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    I've done the suggested action of resetting one of my penfed accounts. When it tries to re-connect it fails with CC-501 and does not offer any accounts for me to connect to. It's broke. For that one account, I now forced to manually download transactions. I have created a test file, and I can add the accounts and it appears to download 0 transactions. Please fix the original problem.
  • hansenb40
    I submitted a problem report with the logs.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    edited December 2021
    @mhawrysko,

I need you to open a test file, please. Your file has not yet migrated to the new server. The steps I provide below will migrate your file. Please save a backup before performing them. 

1. Go to File and select New Quicken File.
    2. Confirm New Quicken File and click Ok.
    3. Type in "test" as the file name and click Save.
    4. You will want to choose "Use Mobile & Web" on the following screen and click Next.
    5. Click Add Accounts, as it is the only option, and then you can close the Add Account box that opens. 
    6. Go to Edit and select Preferences from the menu options. 
    7. In the window that opens, select Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts from the list on the left. 
    8. Click on "Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID" in blue. 
    9. You can then select the "QuickenDataMH" dataset and click Delete at the bottom. 
    10. Type "yes" to confirm and again click Delete.
    11. Close the Cloud Account box and the Preferences window as well.
    12. Go to File and click on file #2 at the bottom of the list, right above Exit.
    13. Go to the Mobile & Web tab at the top of your Quicken and select Cloud Sync
    14. Now please try connecting to PFCU.

Do let us know how this goes, thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• @Christopher Reed,

Please follow the steps provided above to migrate your dataset as well. 

The dataset that you will be deleting is named "Quicken18Feb2019Cpy".

Quicken Alyssa

• @hansenb40,

Please follow the steps I provided above for migrating your dataset.

The dataset you will be deleting is named "hansen".

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Kent Kester
    Kent Kester Member ✭✭✭
    While I do not get an error message, none of my Pentagon Federal transactions are downloading. I reset the account--nothing changed. Please advise.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    edited December 2021
    @Kent Kester,

If you have not done so already, please go to Help>Report a problem and send your log files over to quicken. In the description field, please provide a couple of examples of transactions that are missing. Provide payee, date, and amount. 

I will be escalating these issues Tuesday after I have collected enough data to do so. 

Thank you all for your continued participation and patience.

Quicken Alyssa

• JFLeide
    JFLeide Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Alyssa said:
    > Hello again,
    >
    > @JFLeide, I did look into your profile. It looks like you have two active datasets, and in both PFCU is working without issue.
    >
    > There is one PFCU savings account that is not connected in one file but is connected in the other. Is that correct? If so, I would suggest that you reset the connections on these accounts.
    >
    > To do this, click on one of the PFCU accounts on the left. Then click on Settings in the bottom right corner of your account register. It opens a window with three tabs at the top, you can click on Downloads. Then you will have 4 buttons to choose from and you can click Reset Connection. It will take you through some prompts to reestablish a connection with PFCU. 
    >
    > Anyone else not getting new transactions downloaded can do these steps as well. Do let us know if this resolves the issue. 
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    >
    >
    > Quicken Alyssa

@Quicken Alyssa

I rebuilt my profile in November to clean out some old accounts and fix a couple buggy ones. That might be why the one savings account is not showing up.

Either way, the new data set was working perfectly for all accounts until 2 December. I got the 501 error then. After resetting my connection several times, the error stopped, but the data still does not download. Even trying the old dataset, it downloaded everything up until 2 December, but nothing after that date.

I have also done the report a problem.
  • hansenb40
    edited December 2021
    I still get cc-501 adding penfed accounts after following the procedure above twice. Please advise. If it matters I do not use cloud synch or mobile. I have 0 accounts synched.
  • @hansenb40,

You cannot complete the migration steps provided without having the cloud sync on at least temporarily. You need to turn the cloud on in your main file and then complete the steps to migrate it.

Also, please make sure your data file is on the C: Drive before you try this again. Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• hansenb40
    edited December 2021
    I turned it on temporarily and synched it by pressing the synch button. My file is on the c drive. So can see the latest qdf file was created not long ago.
  • hansenb40
    "Quicken Alyssa" new logs are being uploaded now. I tried it 'again', same issue. You can see the qdf file created out in cloud land has creation date of 15:55:02. Thanks for reviewing my logs again.
  • @hansenb40,

Please sign out of Quicken. To do this go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken Id & Cloud Accounts>Sign in as a different user>Type yes>click Sign Out. It will take you to a Sign-in page but DO NOT sign in. Close Quicken completely and let me know when you have done this. 

Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• hansenb40
    @Quicken Alyssa I have signed out and closed quicken.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    edited December 2021
    @hansenb40,

Thank you.

You can now open Quicken and sign back in. Once you are signed back in you can go to the Mobile & Web tab and click Cloud sync

Try adding the PFCU accounts. You should now not receive the CC-501, but from the looks of what others are reporting, you may not have any downloaded transactions. 

Please let me know the results of this. If no transactions are downloaded, please go to Help>Report a problem, and send in your log files so I can add you to my escalation for this issue. 

Quicken Alyssa

• Smart_VAH
    Smart_VAH Member ✭✭
    Update = starting from square one at 1700 hrs EST today. Chat session with support was (a) started with new Quicken 'Test File', (b) able to access all Pen Fed Cr U accnts - current balances but no transactions, (c) encountered CC-501 display with my actual/real Quicken data file, and, consequently, (d) will have to revisit with the 'Escalation Team' on Mon-Fri 0500 - 1700 PST. Keeping my fingers crossed for Monday session(s).
  • @Smart_VAH,

Yes from my end I can see that the migration of your data file to the new servers failed. Unfortunately, when we see these failed migrations, we do have to escalate the issue.

Be sure to have them escalate the failed migration, as well as the issue of no downloaded transactions. I will be doing many of these escalations on Tuesday as well. 

I apologize for the inconvenience and hope we can get this resolved for you and everyone else as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭
    Same problem, getting CC-501 error. Please fix it.
  • mhawrysko
    mhawrysko Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    @Quicken Alyssa I have gone through the threads above and followed the migration and tried everthing listed below the instructions. CC-501 Error. I submitted but and screenshot. What is my next step to get this resolved?
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    @Quicken Alyssa   I reset one account and went 3-4 days before it would reconnect. I’m able to get balance updates but no transactions. When I finally was able to reconnect this 1 account I was able to finally connect my IRA accounts which I haven’t been able automatically download for a LONG time. Just NO TRANSACTIONS are being downloaded. Please advise.
This discussion has been closed.