What is the best way to share one quicken file between my mac desktop and my Mac laptop?

Options
Jwalt313
Jwalt313 Member ✭✭
I do backup the file to iCloud. I use my desktop when at home and I use my laptop while on the road.

Best Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Jwalt313,

Thank you for contacting the community with this question. I have added a link to a FAQ that should help you achieve what you are wanting to do. It has a few instructions as well as some tips to make yourself aware of. I hope this helps to answer your question. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/mac/how-do-i-move-my-quicken-data-file-one-computer-another

Please let us know if there is anything else that you need help with. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The key things to know:
    • Never run Quicken with the data file stored on iCloud. (iCloud is fine for backups.)
    • Never move a Quicken data file between two Macs unless it is either a .quickenbackup or a compressed .zip version of the data file.
    To move a file between the two Macs, you can either use the most recent backup on iCloud, or you can manually compress your data file (File > Compress in the Finder) and then move the .zip file via flash memory drive, via Airdrop, or even via email. You just need to make sure you create and adhere to a workflow so you always know where the most recent file is and use that. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Jwalt313,

Thank you for contacting the community with this question. I have added a link to a FAQ that should help you achieve what you are wanting to do. It has a few instructions as well as some tips to make yourself aware of. I hope this helps to answer your question. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/mac/how-do-i-move-my-quicken-data-file-one-computer-another

Please let us know if there is anything else that you need help with. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The key things to know:
    • Never run Quicken with the data file stored on iCloud. (iCloud is fine for backups.)
    • Never move a Quicken data file between two Macs unless it is either a .quickenbackup or a compressed .zip version of the data file.
    To move a file between the two Macs, you can either use the most recent backup on iCloud, or you can manually compress your data file (File > Compress in the Finder) and then move the .zip file via flash memory drive, via Airdrop, or even via email. You just need to make sure you create and adhere to a workflow so you always know where the most recent file is and use that. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jwalt313
    Jwalt313 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your help. So far so good!
  • Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    step one -- install Parallels and Windows
    step two -- use Quicken for Windows
    step three -- sync Windows Documents with a sneaker net when you travel and want latest on laptop, then transfer back to desktop upon return
This discussion has been closed.