Pentagon Federal Credit Union download not working

Comments

• mikejaegerster
    mikejaegerster Member ✭✭✭
    Can't agree more @garysmith87 , PenFed's website and logins for Quicken have been problematic for a long time.
  • PricklyPete
    PricklyPete Member ✭✭✭
    > @garysmith87 said:
    > Do you really need me to list competitors to Quicken?  Just do an internet search.  There's tons of competition.  
    >
    > Quicken is still the gold standard in personal finance software.
    >
    > Complain to PenFed for changing their server security and not informing and working with Quicken.
    >
    > PS.  This is not the first time PenFed's had an issue with Quicken...or Mint...or other personal finance aggregators.  One of my happiest days was when we refinanced our mortgage and closed our mandatory checking account with PenFed.  It was constant issues getting transactions to download to Quicken.  And their website is a joke.  

I've tried a couple - they suck worse.
  • jcm
    jcm Member ✭✭
    I'm on Quicken for Mac and I too cannot download or sync my PenFed account. Though I'm not getting a CC-501 error. I've attached a screenshot of the error I'm receiving.
  • Jjazz
    Jjazz Member ✭✭
    Translations have not downloaded for a month. The update report indicates that the accounts have been updated and "zero new transactions" which is a lie. This problem is listed as resolved by Quicken, but it has not.
  • carpenterr
    carpenterr Member ✭✭
    I was able to update today. 1. Deactivate my 3 accounts, 2. Activate my PENFED CC account, Q found all 3 accounts, 3. Linked to existing accounts, 4. all downloaded transactions as they should.
  • cookm716
    cookm716 Member ✭✭
    I was also successful updating this morning. I didn't have to deact/react the accounts at all. All caught up now.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    I DID NOT have to deactivate and reactivate my accounts either.  All transactions came down.  Yes.  Progress.
  • @Jim_C,

It looks like the migration of your file to the new servers has failed. I need you to contact Quicken Support for an escalation on this issue. 

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Quicken Alyssa

• @PricklyPete & @garysmith87,

I am unable to see your Quicken profiles with the email address you use for the Community. I will send you both direct messages so you can provide me with the email addresses that you use with Quicken. 

Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• PricklyPete
    PricklyPete Member ✭✭✭
    BIG News everyone. I just tried an update and received 21 PenFed transactions. Mayhaps we are seeing a fix?
  • mikejaegerster
    mikejaegerster Member ✭✭✭
    Likewise, I successfully setup previously deactivated accounts (2) and downloaded all outstanding transactions in the credit card account this morning (think it was a dozen). Thanks Quicken.
  • mhawrysko
    mhawrysko Member ✭✭
    My accounts updated. I didn't have to do anything except "Improve Connection" from my account list. They all came down from PenFed and linked. Thanks Quicken
  • PricklyPete
    PricklyPete Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Alyssa said:
    > @PricklyPete & @garysmith87,
    >
    > I am unable to see your Quicken profiles with the email address you use for the Community. I will send you both direct messages so you can provide me with the email addresses that you use with Quicken. 
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    >
    >
    > Quicken Alyssa

Responded via message with email.

Like I said there. It seems to be working now for me. 21 transactions downloaded today.

Thanks you for your patience and help. (I know we were getting kinda grumpy)
  • dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    I am also able to download transactions again
  • Yay!

So excited to see this resolving! I hope that the others in this discussion start to see the same results!

Thanks for the update!

Quicken Alyssa

• Chris Harr
    Chris Harr Member ✭✭
    It's working for me now too!
  • @jcm,

It looks like the migration of your file to the new servers has failed. I need you to contact Quicken Support for an escalation on this issue. 

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Quicken Alyssa
  • @mhawrysko & @Fred3,

After further inspection, it appears that your migration over to the new servers has failed. You will need to contact Quicken Support so they can escalate this issue to get it resolved for you. 

I do apologize for any inconvenience.

Quicken Alyssa

• mhawrysko
    mhawrysko Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Alyssa I am syncing and got a yellow message that I was on an improved server connection. Do I still need to contact or just reload my Cloud Data?
  • @mhawrysko,

The file named "QuickenDataMH.QDF" is still on FDS. The status has now changed from "failed" to "not started". So unfortunately you do still need to contact Quicken Support to get this resolved.

I apologize that I am unable to resolve this for you from my end. 

Quicken Alyssa

• Jay C
    Jay C Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I just want to cry, I still can't get in and am still getting this CC-503 message - there aren't any unusual characters in my password and not anything that's not in another password

• Jay C
    Jay C Member ✭✭✭
    BobFoery said:
    I am at the point where I'm considering closing my PenFed accounts. I have been a Quicken user for 34 years. Over the past 2 years, Quicken downloads stop working several times a year for days/weeks at a time. I have never had these issues with my USAA accounts.
    I am at that point as well. Every 6 months something breaks for PFCU.
  • PricklyPete
    PricklyPete Member ✭✭✭
    > @Jay C said:
    > I just want to cry, I still can't get in and am still getting this CC-503 message - there aren't any unusual characters in my password and not anything that's not in another password

Did you disconnect them from PF and then re-enable them? If not change your password at the PF web site and disconnect and reconnect web updates? Good Luck.

I'm checking out. Happy Holidays all and may you all find a working Quicken-PF connection under your trees on Christmas.
  • Jay C
    Jay C Member ✭✭✭
    > @Jay C said:
    > I just want to cry, I still can't get in and am still getting this CC-503 message - there aren't any unusual characters in my password and not anything that's not in another password

Did you disconnect them from PF and then re-enable them? If not change your password at the PF web site and disconnect and reconnect web updates? Good Luck.

I'm checking out. Happy Holidays all and may you all find a working Quicken-PF connection under your trees on Christmas.
    That worked. However after it downloaded files and whatever it did, there was a lot of red numbers and my account was showing hundreds of dollars short going back to my earliest data (2004). I had to restore from a backup. I have no idea what happened - thankfully the numbers look right after restoring the backup. Geez.
  • @Jay C,

I need you to open a test file, please. Your file has not yet migrated to the new server. The steps I provide below will migrate your file. Please save a backup before performing them. 

1. Go to File and select New Quicken File.
    2. Confirm New Quicken File and click Ok.
    3. Type in "test" as the file name and click Save.
    4. You will want to choose "Use Mobile & Web" on the following screen and click Next.
    5. Click Add Accounts, as it is the only option, and then you can close the Add Account box that opens. 
    6. Go to Edit and select Preferences from the menu options. 
    7. In the window that opens, select Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts from the list on the left. 
    8. Click on "Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID" in blue. 
    9. You can then select the "QDATA.QDF" dataset and click Delete at the bottom. 
    10. Type "yes" to confirm and again click Delete.
    11. Close the Cloud Account box and the Preferences window as well.
    12. Go to File and click on file #2 at the bottom of the list, right above Exit.
    13. Go to the Mobile & Web tab at the top of your Quicken and select Cloud Sync
    14. Now please try connecting to PFCU.

Do let us know how this goes, thank you!

Quicken Alyssa
  • Jay C
    Jay C Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken Alyssa - it made no difference. When it was done downloading from PFCU and I assume syncing with the cloud - I was about $15k poorer and not just PFCU accounts. Tell me how to fix this please.
  • Jay C
    Jay C Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I get this message box after restoring from backup, I don't know if that has any bearing. But my data is correct in the backup. And when I add the PFCU accounts and in the final seconds of when it's finishing up - suddenly half my balances turn red and show deficits in the thousands....  In fact I only have 2 small accounts that are set to sync with the cloud, I disabled everything else quite some time ago when I first tried Quicken Mobile and it hosed my account transactions and my balances were off - much like I'm experiencing now.

• hansenb40
    hansenb40 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Transactions are not downloading. Bills are not updating. Has something been corrected?
  • @Jay C,

The steps I provided to you above were either done incorrectly or simply did not work. At any rate, you do need to be migrated over. 

Please contact Quicken Support for assistance in doing this. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience and participation!

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.