Scheduling Transactions Has Changed - Not Right Seemingly (Q Mac)

Hi all,  

I'm running Version 6.5.0 (Build 605.42621.100) for the MAC.

I am attempting to schedule a posted transaction that I just added manually.  The date for the added transaction was 12/27/21.  I was attempting to schedule this transaction yearly so that I would be reminded again next December.

To do so, I right mouse clicked the transaction and selected "schedule selected transaction."  In prior versions, I would get a dialog box asking for details like frequency, splits, etc.  In this version, Quicken just dumps in the transactions into the register schedule monthly (I look ahead 6 months) without any input from me.

If I attempt to edit one of the future schedule transactions, say 1/27/22, to yearly, that transaction attempts to schedule to 1/27/23 and the remainder stay.  I have to press CTRL-Z to back everything out (great shortcut, used often.)  

Scheduling a selected transaction from the menu works the same.  Quicken didn't used to work this way. While I'm not opposed to change of course, I can't find the way to just schedule a selected transaction to a period other than monthly.

Thanks

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓
    @Chris Mead  Hmm, that sounds weird. There was no mention of scheduled transactions having any change in the 6.5 release, so I just tested it myself. When I clicked on a transaction and selected to Schedule it Quicken popped open the Schedule window, just as I'd expect. Then I tried another transaction — and to my surprise, it did what you said: without opening the Schedule window, it just added a scheduled transaction recurring monthly! I've tried several other transactions, and they do the same. This clearly seems to be a bug. Please go to Help > Report a Problem and report your issue. You won't get a response,e but they should look into it. (I am going to report it, too. A few reports is better than one!)

I want to note that I was only able to reproduce that part of what you mentioned above. I am able to double-click on the first of the scheduled transactions and edit the transaction or schedule, or to delete it. 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @jacobs
    I realize that though I saw that method to easily fix the problem.  
    Here's another workaround.  Take the existing transaction and schedule it which creates all the monthly unwanted transaction then take the first unpaid transaction which will be for the following , select Schedule/Edit Schedule, choose Yearly and change the date to the month desired and the following year, Save and all the monthly records are gone and you have your annual records setup.

Answers

• Hi @Chris Mead,

Thank you for contacting the community with this question. I have included some links regarding editing scheduled transactions that I hope you may find helpful. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/editing-scheduled-transaction-quicken

https://help.quicken.com/display/MAC/Edit+an+existing+scheduled+transaction+in+the+register?_ics=1640287204365&irclickid=~oJDvUPaxHBM.Cwplica2URKGxynojf~4ULIGynhd6

Please let me know if these articles help to resolve your issue, I look forward to hearing a response. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓
    @Chris Mead  Hmm, that sounds weird. There was no mention of scheduled transactions having any change in the 6.5 release, so I just tested it myself. When I clicked on a transaction and selected to Schedule it Quicken popped open the Schedule window, just as I'd expect. Then I tried another transaction — and to my surprise, it did what you said: without opening the Schedule window, it just added a scheduled transaction recurring monthly! I've tried several other transactions, and they do the same. This clearly seems to be a bug. Please go to Help > Report a Problem and report your issue. You won't get a response,e but they should look into it. (I am going to report it, too. A few reports is better than one!)

I want to note that I was only able to reproduce that part of what you mentioned above. I am able to double-click on the first of the scheduled transactions and edit the transaction or schedule, or to delete it. 

• Chris Mead
    Chris Mead Member ✭✭✭
    @jacobs - thank you.  I filed a problem report.  
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @jacobs - thank you.  I filed a problem report.  
    Chris Mead,

Thank you for taking the time to file a report, as I concur with @jacobs; this will be very useful to our teams in finding a resolution. If you can, let us know if there any updates regarding the scheduling issue you noticed.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Hi @Chris Mead and @jacobs,

Thank you for your responses. We appreciate you both taking the time to report a problem and send your information logs to Quicken. We will look into the error that you are experiencing and hopefully get this resolved swiftly. 

Thank you for your continued patience and support. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Chris Mead
    Chris Mead Member ✭✭✭
    6.5.1 did not resolve the issue as I'm sure it was in its release cycle before the bug was reported.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    6.5.1 did not resolve the issue as I'm sure it was in its release cycle before the bug was reported.
    Chris Mead,

I am saddened to hear that the problem is persisting, but we thank you for checking back in and letting us know. The issue will be investigated further. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • jacobs
    @Quicken Jasmine @Quicken Jared Could one of you check to see if this issue was verified and entered as a known bug so the developers are aware of it? (In the past Sarah would post to let us know when a bug was replicated and filed, listing the CTP number, so we'd know whether to keep encouraging more users to report it or tell them the bug had been confirmed.) 
  • Chris Mead
    Chris Mead Member ✭✭✭
    I don’t think there is any action from me other than to test when ready.  My version of Quicken hasn’t been updated since the last known report.

chris
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Instead of trying to schedule an existing transaction I  created an annual transaction from an existing one but took another path.  I went to the SCHEDULE in the Register Toolbar (see image below) and selected Schedule/New Scheduled Transaction.That gave me a window with the option of adding an eBill or Add Manual Bill or Income.  I selected Add Manual Bill or Income.  Selecting that gave me a Transaction Detail which I completed specifying the payee I wanted to create an annual  record for.  From "CONTINUE" I received the window Schedule Bill Reminder where I had the option to select Yearly and the date of the (next years) payment.  Finished with SAVE and I had my next years transaction and the following years all set up. 
  • jacobs
    @jobworker  Yes, adding a New Schedule Transaction works. The bug being discussed here occurs when you click an existing transaction and try to Schedule Selected Transaction. 
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @jacobs
    I realize that though I saw that method to easily fix the problem.  
    Here's another workaround.  Take the existing transaction and schedule it which creates all the monthly unwanted transaction then take the first unpaid transaction which will be for the following , select Schedule/Edit Schedule, choose Yearly and change the date to the month desired and the following year, Save and all the monthly records are gone and you have your annual records setup.
  • jacobs
    @jobworker Thanks. I had noted in my first reply in this thread that although the schedule is created incorrectly, you can double-click on the scheduled transaction and edit the schedule as needed. So this is not a fatal bug, because there are workarounds — but it's a bug, nonetheless, and one that is confusing some users as they encounter it.
  • Chris Mead
    Chris Mead Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.