Transaction Download problem

When I download transactions from my bank quicken changes my cleared balance in the register before I even accept anything. I have had this before and called support and fixed it. I called 3 times yesterday buy no one could understand the problem. How do I correct this? Thank you

Best Answers

• Rick Colo
    Rick Colo Member
    Answer ✓
    That was the problem. Quicken was changing the opening balance on its own. Thank you. Happy New Year

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Rick Colo, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Are you referring to your online balance? If so, yes this will change before you accept transactions, and unfortunately, there is no way to change this. Updating your accounts also updates the balance by default. I truly apologize that contacting support was not helpful to you. Please let me know if this answers your question. 
    - Quicken Jade
  • The bank's online balance is not the issue. Quicken is changing the register balance after download prior to accepting any transactions. The download itself causes the register balance to change going back even to dates that have already been reconciled. Support has helped me fix this before, but no one I've talked to this time has been able to give me the directions on how to do so. Thank you
  • @Rick Colo,

Please check the opening balance on the account and verify that it is correct. I have seen instances where this figure changes. If the opening balance has changed, please correct it. 

If this is not what has caused this issue, my next question would be, after you do accept the new transactions, is your current balance correct?

Additionally, I would like to know where your data file is located. Please go to File>Show this file on my computer, from within your software. this will open the File Explorer and the file you have open will be highlighted. At the top of this window, there is a bar with the full file pathway. You can copy it from there and then paste it here. 

Thank you! 

Quicken Alyssa

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Rick Colo said:
    The bank's online balance is not the issue. Quicken is changing the register balance after download prior to accepting any transactions. The download itself causes the register balance to change going back even to dates that have already been reconciled. Support has helped me fix this before, but no one I've talked to this time has been able to give me the directions on how to do so. Thank you

If you haven't already, I suggest you disable Automatic Entryhttps://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Automatic+Transaction+Entry+settings
  • Rick Colo
    Rick Colo Member
    Answer ✓
    That was the problem. Quicken was changing the opening balance on its own. Thank you. Happy New Year
This discussion has been closed.