Anyone else having issues getting 6.5.1 to install/update?

ostuff
ostuff Member
I keep trying to update to 6.5.1, but after completing process I'm still on 6.5.0 and getting constant requests to update.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    ostuff said:
    I keep trying to update to 6.5.1, but after completing process I'm still on 6.5.0 and getting constant requests to update.
    Hello ostuff,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this difficulty with the software updates. I do want some further description of these events, however. Do you receive any messages or pop up windows when the update seems to fail? What happens, exactly, when you try to go through the update process?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • ostuff
    ostuff Member
    Hi Jared. No messages. Just the pop up to do the install. Otherwise the update process works as it always does. Checks for subscription. Downloads file. Closes/relaunches. Put in password...and still on 6.5.0 and the update pop up comes back.
  • Hi @ostuff,

Thank you for the thorough responses. I am curious as to what Operating System you are running on your Mac. You can check this by clicking the apple icon located on the menu bar at the top of your screen then by clicking about this mac

I would also like to know if you have tried to install the update by opening your Quicken Application>bringing down the menu bar at the top of your desktop> clicking Quickencheck for updates. Rather than trying to install the download through the popup. 

I look forward to hearing your response. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ostuff
    ostuff Member
    just tried the method you recommend. same result. as soon as i reopen quicken, the update popup reoccurs.
  • Quicken Jared
    ostuff said:
    just tried the method you recommend. same result. as soon as i reopen quicken, the update popup reoccurs.
    @ostuff

Thank you for getting back in touch with us, and I am sorry that the problem does not appear to have been resolved. Save another backup, and then uninstall Quicken by locating it in your *Applications* folder and then clicking and dragging it to the *Trash* bin. Then reinstall by going to your Quicken account and downloading the Mac version of the software again. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • ostuff
    ostuff Member
    I followed your advice and now have 6.5.1. I hope this is an isolated incidence as I don't want to have to delete/reinstall every time! Thank you for your help.
  • Hi @ostuff,

Thank you for your response. We are happy to hear that you were able to update your Quicken application after deleting and reinstalling it. We hope that this does not have to reoccur as well. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

Thank you,
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Just adding that anecdotally the Quicken Mac product manager said in a post yesterday that he had this same problem. There may be some problem with the updater, perhaps on Monterey? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • creags56
    creags56 Member
    I'm also having problems updating to 6.5.1. I'm running Mac OS 12.1.

I click "Install Update" and a prompt opens saying "Downloading Update..."

I then get another prompt saying "Update Error! An error occurred while downloading the update. Please try again later."

This has happened repeatedly over the last several days.

Please help. Thanks.
  • Quicken Jared
    creags56 said:
    I'm also having problems updating to 6.5.1. I'm running Mac OS 12.1.

I click "Install Update" and a prompt opens saying "Downloading Update..."

I then get another prompt saying "Update Error! An error occurred while downloading the update. Please try again later."

This has happened repeatedly over the last several days.

Please help. Thanks.
    Hello creags56,

I am saddened to hear that you are experiencing this problem, as well. Did you see the steps taken earlier in the thread? I would recommend revisiting this, and - if possible - checking back in with us regarding the results.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.