Why can't I logon to Freedom Mortgage or Flagstar Bank

Having difficulty logging onto Freedom Mortgage and Flagstar Bank.
It's been this way for over a month

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report the issues you are experiencing, though we apologize for any frustration and inconvenience this caused.

Our teams are aware of these issues and have opened escalation tickets to work towards a solution, though we do not have an ETA available. Please refer to the Community Alerts here for Freedom Mortgage and here for Flagstar Bank for updates.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Tom Witts, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, what error codes or messages are you receiving? What connection method are you using? Lastly, where are your main/active files located (external hard drive, cloud-based storage, or local hard drive)?

To check the connection method select the account in question then Settings >Download. 

Please elaborate so that we may be able to provide the proper guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • I am also having trouble connecting to Flagstar Bank Mortgage. When I try to add my mortgage with them to my Quicken account, I receive the following error:
    AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:FDP-163)
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I am also having trouble connecting to Flagstar Bank Mortgage. When I try to add my mortgage with them to my Quicken account, I receive the following error:
    AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:FDP-163)
    @Hillel_Morris

I know that aggregator error messages like these are distressing. Thank you for checking in with us regarding this issue. Did you see @Quicken Paloma 's reply earlier in the thread? If you have the chance, providing us with the connection method you are using as well as where your data file is being stored will help us a great deal in achieving a resolution.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Rich R
    Rich R Member ✭✭
    I am also seeing the same error as @Hillel_Morris when trying to log into Flagstar Bank - "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:FDP-163)"

I was able to log into this account a couple weeks back, but I decided to reset the connection and tried to set up the transaction download again. It fails to connect to the Flagstar account anymore. Not really relevant because I can't even connect, but I use a local drive for storing the data file.
  • Hi @Rich R,

Thank you for coming to the community and responding to this thread. We understand that this error is frustrating.

Could you please provide us with the connection method that you are using as previously stated by @Quicken Paloma and @Quicken Jared?

We look forward to hearing your response. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Gregg Adams
    Gregg Adams Member ✭✭
    I too am having the same issue. After not being able to connect for a few weeks, and resetting did not work, I decided to remove the account and add it back in. I have attached a screenshot with the error message.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Gregg Adams and @Tom Witts

I would suggest that you try this - log out and then log back in to your Quicken account, as follows:

1)      Go to “Edit” > “Preferences” > “Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts”;

2)      Click "Sign in as a different user";

3)      Sign out and then sign back in, using the same credentials.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Tom Witts
    Tom Witts Member ✭✭
    Doesn't work. I get the attached screen shots and I also cannot get any downloaded data from Thrift Savings Plan. I'm a MAC user
  • Hwndude
    Hwndude Member ✭✭✭
    We are using "Quicken Connect". None of the other connection options are available.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are still having issues, I'd suggest that you contact Quicken Support via this LINK.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• DanZindler
    DanZindler Member ✭✭
    Unable to update Flagstar Mortgage since last week, I have deactivated and unable to reactivate now, CC-569. When process completes and does not connect, the message says "Sorry we encountered an error (it's not your fault)."
  • acjetpilot
    acjetpilot Member ✭✭
    :( I would like to join this club of individuals unable to connect to Flagstaff Bank. Steps taken while on a 40 Chat/30 Minute phone call:
    1)Attempted to sign into EVERY Flagstar Bank listed when attempting to Update Login. Failed on EVERY single attempt. Flagstar Bank and Flagstar Mortgage gave a glimmer of hope but ultimately provided the same error message as posted above, Aggregator_In_Error code. Flagstar Web Connect comically indicates that it could work, but wouldn't recognize the CSV or XLSX formats during the drag and drop
    2)Sent every error message received to Quicken agent who was on a screen share
    3)Deleted Keychain items just in case there was an issue there (there wasn't)
    4)Signed out. And in. And out. And in.
    Please fix this
  • drrobins1
    drrobins1 Member ✭✭
    I have not been able to download from Flagstar Bank since Dec 23.
    Wareki error. Same AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:FDP-163)

Connection type is Quicken Connect.
    Data is in a folder on a local disk (in computer).
    Running on a Mac. New installation of MacOS Monterey recently. (Hmm- don't know if that installation coincides with this problem or not.)
  • Bob Gabor
    Bob Gabor Member ✭✭
    > @drrobins1 said:
    > I have not been able to download from Flagstar Bank since Dec 23.
    > Wareki error. Same AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:FDP-163)
    >
    > Connection type is Quicken Connect.
    > Data is in a folder on a local disk (in computer).
    > Running on a Mac. New installation of MacOS Monterey recently. (Hmm- don't know if that installation coincides with this problem or not.)

Exact same issue here, and I have not updated MacOS recently.
  • beckersj1
    beckersj1 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem with Flagstar Bank. Started at the end of December like everyone else. Right around the time that the "log4j" issues started on the web. I was using Quicken Connect as the connection method. I tried de-activating the downloads for an account. Then tried to reconnect. It won't re-connect using Quicken Connect or Direct Connect. I can log into the flagstar website and download a .qfx file and apply that if I change the connection type to webconnect, but that kind of defeats the purpose of using quicken to download transactions.
    The errors I get are, first, in the account status window I get a "Download Error(-32) CP-ACCOUNT_NOT_FOUND". If I click "Fix It" It takes me through the process to set up the connection again, but fails to connect saying "End user action required at the third party site. Please verify that you can connect to your bank and navigate until you can see your most recent transactions." with a "Visit your bank" button.
    I can log in as I mentioned above and if I change the connection method to WebConnect and then log into the flagstar web site, download a .qfx file and apply it, it works.
    Quicken acts like I have the user name or password incorrect but I am sure I have it correct as I can log in to the web site.
  • Kberry
    Kberry Member ✭✭
    Same problem here despite trying every option to log in via Quicken used by everyone above. Quicken?
  • beckersj1
    beckersj1 Member ✭✭
    > @beckersj1 said:
    > I am having the same problem with Flagstar Bank. Started at the end of December like everyone else. Right around the time that the "log4j" issues started on the web. I was using Quicken Connect as the connection method. I tried de-activating the downloads for an account. Then tried to reconnect. It won't re-connect using Quicken Connect or Direct Connect. I can log into the flagstar website and download a .qfx file and apply that if I change the connection type to webconnect, but that kind of defeats the purpose of using quicken to download transactions.
    > The errors I get are, first, in the account status window I get a "Download Error(-32) CP-ACCOUNT_NOT_FOUND". If I click "Fix It" It takes me through the process to set up the connection again, but fails to connect saying "End user action required at the third party site. Please verify that you can connect to your bank and navigate until you can see your most recent transactions." with a "Visit your bank" button.
    > I can log in as I mentioned above and if I change the connection method to WebConnect and then log into the flagstar web site, download a .qfx file and apply it, it works.
    > Quicken acts like I have the user name or password incorrect but I am sure I have it correct as I can log in to the web site.

Updating this today with more information.
    The error I get if I am trying to connect to an account that needs a 2FA code sent to me is: "Download Error (-28)" "CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:FDP{-163:Invalid Wareki year. Account Key change required." Quicken used to prompt me for the code. Now it doesn't. If I log in on the web site to these accounts, it sends me a code and I log in successfully.
    The other accounts that don't require a 2FA code get this error: "Download Error (-32)" "CP_ACCOUNT_NOT_FOUND" I can successfully log in to these accounts on the web site.
    The accounts that I have changed to webconnect say that they connected successfully, but I still have to manually download the .qfx file from the Flagstar web site and apply it by going to the settings for that account/register, clicking the Downloads tab, and then the Change Connection Type button. Then select flagstar webconnect, click continue, and then drag and drop the .qfx file into the "Drop downloaded file here" box.
  • Con
    Con Member
    I too am having problems with my Flagstar mortgage. I have sent in all the logs that Quicken wanted last week, with no return contact. When I called Flagstar Bank, the "help" person I spoke to didn't even know what Quicken was???? Any latest news on when this will be corrected?
  • I just want to confirm that I am seeing the same thing as others have reported. My mortgage was transferred to Flagstar on October 2021 and I was able to connect to it just fine for a month or two and then I started getting the 2FA prompt of every sync attempt. I called Quicken Support around Dec 20 or so and they suggested "disconnecting" the account and "reconnecting" it. I did so and was able to reconnect just fine, though that didn't solve the 2Fa prompt issue. A few days later, it stopped working altogether and hasn't been working since. Any attempt to reconnect now (even on an entirely new Quicken file) results in an AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:FDP-163) error.
  • Same issue here with Flagstar Mortgage error AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:FDP-163) for well over a week or more. I can't even change the connection type and do a manual import.... Have not seen a moderator answer in a while and have sent the report to Quicken several times now.
  • Beth A
    Beth A Member
    I am also having these issues.
  • Gregg Adams
    Gregg Adams Member ✭✭
    @Frankx I followed your instructions above. It tried to connect for over a minute and the screen blinked several times, but in the end, I still received the same error message.

Respectfully,
    Gregg
  • RobertWh
    RobertWh Member
    Just contacted Flagstar Bank about this issue. It is related to their two factor authentication process. Here is their response:

Happy New Year, Robert! I hope your day is going well. I am happy to assist you today. You will likely not be able to link your Quicken account with your Flagstar account. For security purposes, we require a two-step verification to login to your account, and third party aggregator's such as Quicken are blocked by these. There is no way to remove them, however. When you try to link the accounts, either it will link or it will not. We would not have any access to getting that linked for you so you may want to contact them directly. Your only other option is to download the CSV file from your loan history, in MyLoans, and then uploading it to Quicken. I am sorry!
  • Kberry
    Kberry Member ✭✭
    So it is a quicken issue ?!?!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report the issues you are experiencing, though we apologize for any frustration and inconvenience this caused.

Our teams are aware of these issues and have opened escalation tickets to work towards a solution, though we do not have an ETA available. Please refer to the Community Alerts here for Freedom Mortgage and here for Flagstar Bank for updates.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• als995
    als995 Member
    Why is there no update on this issue?
  • beckersj1
    beckersj1 Member ✭✭
    > @als995 said:
    > Why is there no update on this issue?

als995, go to the "Community Alerts" page "Quicken Anja" mentions in the previous comment. They are updating that page.
This discussion has been closed.