UK Compatibility

Options
Pyram1d
Pyram1d Member ✭✭
I've just updated from Deluxe PC 2016 to Mac/PC/iPhone. It sucked up the old PC file and even has pound and euro signs in the sidebar. I had to lie about my Zip Code for Amex but payment was accepted ( PayPal was racist and would not accept this foreigner). Apple ID had to be temporarily moved to the USA to download the app. Shame those dollar signs are still there after returning to Stirling but the numbers are correct. Anyone know of a fix?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hi @Pyram1d,

Thank you for contacting the community, I understand that this issue can be frustrating especially when switching to new devices that have a different setup. 

From what I understand, you are wanting the currency to show as Pounds rather than US dollars? I suggest clicking the said account that is showing as the wrong currency and then navigating to the settings which would be located at the bottom right-hand corner of the account screen. From there, under the details tab, there should be a spot for you to be able to change the currency. 

I hope this helps, please let me know if you require further assistance, I look forward to hearing your response. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Pyram1d
    Pyram1d Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jasmine, Thanks for responding. The currency problem is on my iPhone app. I cannot find anything in settings that will change the currency.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pyram1d said:
    Hi Jasmine, Thanks for responding. The currency problem is on my iPhone app. I cannot find anything in settings that will change the currency.
    Hello @Pyram1d,

I am sorry for any confusion, and I am happy that you are continuing to work with us here on the Quicken Community regarding this issue. Unfortunately, the Mobile app does not currently support syncing to foreign accounts or currencies. However, the idea has been proposed in this thread, here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7467360/like-to-be-able-to-sync-foreign-accounts-currencies-with-quicken-mobile-85-legacy-votes/p1. You can submit feedback regarding this desired feature in that thread, and your support will be noted and passed along.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the things that really confuses the issue is the fact that Quicken Mac doesn't have full multiple currency support.  Yes, you can set a currency, but there are feature that are missing that allow it to really work right.  I don't know all the details since I'm not a Quicken Mac users, but for instance I'm not sure it handles transfers between accounts with different currencies correctly.

Anyways so for Quicken Mac it is really like they have "numbers" and you are allowed to change the currency sign, not like they are really treated differently.  So, when Quicken Mac goes to sync to Mobile/Web it is sending "numbers" and that is perfectly acceptable to the Mobile/Web GUIs, but the currency sign isn't going to be right.

In the case of Quicken Windows which has better multiple currency support, it knows that it can't sync foreign currencies and as such blocks even selecting them for the sync.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.