Bank name now has three ZZZ- and can't download transactions

Options
Jimc281
Jimc281 Member
I need to rename my bank. I have three Z's and a hyphen in front of my bank's name which is stopping me from accessing my checking account.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    What is the name of the bank? 3 Z's usually mean the bank has discontinued downloads to Quicken or changed the connection method.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suggest you deactivate the Online Services associated with the register: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab and Deactivate.  After you have deactivated the Online Services, select the General tab of the Account Details window and you should be able to edit the financial institution's name.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And, renaming the bank to remove those ZZZ's won't solve your problem.  The ZZZ's were put there to indicate that the bank (using that name and URL) no longer participates with Q.  Changing the name won't change that situation.
    BUT, if you name the bank we may be able to provide alternatives.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    yeah - we need the name of the bank - and as mentioned above - it would appear they have decided to no longer contract with and pay for Quicken supporting downloads of any kind -
    [EDIT] - also updated topic title to better reflect actual Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.