Are all Accounts included in a Q- Mac QMTF file export?

johnsond138
johnsond138 Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Are all Accounts included in a Q- Mac QMTF file export?

Best Answer

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    QMTF was designed strictly to be able to export from modern QMac back to QM2007. It was designed when QEM was around, when there were no investment accounts other than summary totals. IIRC, I do not believe it has been updated since then to include investments. Since QM2007 does not support attachments, it does not include them.

QMTF is not to be confused with QXF, which is designed to transfer files between QMac and QWin, or even into another copy of QMac. QXF also was designed at the time of QEM but it has been updated to include investment accounts but QWin was never updated to import those investment accounts in the QXF file yet QMac will.

HTH

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2022
    Banking and investment accounts, yes; I'm not certain about manual asset and liability accounts, but I believe so. Any attachments aren't exported. (Clarifying that this is with a QXF file, not QMTF.)

What are you trying to do? Import back into a new Quicken Mac file? That works. Import into Quicken Windows? Investment accounts won't make it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    QMTF was designed strictly to be able to export from modern QMac back to QM2007. It was designed when QEM was around, when there were no investment accounts other than summary totals. IIRC, I do not believe it has been updated since then to include investments. Since QM2007 does not support attachments, it does not include them.

QMTF is not to be confused with QXF, which is designed to transfer files between QMac and QWin, or even into another copy of QMac. QXF also was designed at the time of QEM but it has been updated to include investment accounts but QWin was never updated to import those investment accounts in the QXF file yet QMac will.

HTH

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.