Can not use "Schedule Selected Transaction" feature with alternate click on transaction

John Templeton
John Templeton Member ✭✭
I'm not sure why, but all the sudden it does not allow me to take a transaction, in this case a payroll deposit, and make it a scheduled transaction. When I click on the menu selection, it does not bring up the dialog box to create the scheduled selection. I wonder if this is a new bug introduced in the most recent update.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello @John Templeton,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

ugh, and I even see I'm in the wrong spot. I use the Mac version. sorry :(

I went ahead and moved your post to the appropriate Mac category.

In regard to the issue you reported; I just tested it myself and got the same result. I went ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.

Unfortunately, we won't have an ETA on this, however, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The right-click-menu item "Add Reminder" continues to work for me in R37.66.
    It's also available the long way around Edit > Transaction > Add Reminder.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• odd, neither way work for me. thank you.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's strange. What edition (Starter, Deluxe, Premier, H&B) and what release are you using?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Premier, Version 6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100)
  • ugh, and I even see I'm in the wrong spot. I use the Mac version. sorry :(
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2022
    @John Templeton You're in the right spot now. ;) 

There is definitely a bug introduced in the 6.5 release regarding scheduled transactions. But fortunately, there's a way around it...
    • Go to your register (not Bills & Income) and find the transaction you want to schedule.
    • Click Schedule > Schedule Selected Transaction.
    Normally this would bring up the screen to enable you to customize the transaction and schedule details. Instead, it just created a recurring transaction with a monthly time interval. (If you don't see it create the new transactions, you need to set your register to show at least Next 30 Days of scheduled transactions with the little "v" dropdown menu next to the little clock icon in the upper right of the screen.) 
    • Select just the first of the new scheduled transactions next month.
    • Double-click on it.
    • On the dark blue mini-menu bar which pops up under the transaction, click "Edit All Instances…".
    This will take you to the normal Schedule window, where on the Details tab which opens first, you can adjust any details about the transaction amount, splits, etc.; click on the Schedule tab to now set your desired schedule/dates for the recurring transaction. Finally, click Save, and your scheduled transaction will now be at the desired time interval and dates.

Hopefully they'll get this bug fixed before too long. (It may help for additional users to report this problem using Help > Report a Problem.)  
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Anja
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello @John Templeton,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

ugh, and I even see I'm in the wrong spot. I use the Mac version. sorry :(

I went ahead and moved your post to the appropriate Mac category.

In regard to the issue you reported; I just tested it myself and got the same result. I went ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.

Unfortunately, we won't have an ETA on this, however, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!

-Quicken Anja

• Thank You!
  • Quicken Anja
    You're welcome!

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.