Can I disable quicken background agent

sullfam1
sullfam1 Member ✭✭
Just noticed this in my startup. What exactly does it do and how does it get activated? I never scheduled any automatic updates in quicken

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @sullfam1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

There are two settings that can cause Quicken to run automatic (unprompted) updates without the user initiating a One Step Update. If you prefer to initiate the One Step Update yourself, I would check your startup settings as well as your scheduled update settings (just in case, even if you haven't set this up in the past).

To check your startup setting for this, please navigate to Edit > Preferences... > Startup and check and make sure the checkbox for Download transactions when Quicken starts is not checked (see below).

Next, to make sure you don't have any scheduled updates setup, please navigate to Tools > Schedule Updates... and check to make sure that the schedule field does not have any days checked and/or time set (see below).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that all is well now. :)

-Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello @sullfam1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

There are two settings that can cause Quicken to run automatic (unprompted) updates without the user initiating a One Step Update. If you prefer to initiate the One Step Update yourself, I would check your startup settings as well as your scheduled update settings (just in case, even if you haven't set this up in the past).

To check your startup setting for this, please navigate to Edit > Preferences... > Startup and check and make sure the checkbox for Download transactions when Quicken starts is not checked (see below).

Next, to make sure you don't have any scheduled updates setup, please navigate to Tools > Schedule Updates... and check to make sure that the schedule field does not have any days checked and/or time set (see below).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• sullfam1
    sullfam1 Member ✭✭
    Thank you…..I am all set. I disabled it in the STARTUP in Task Manager.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that all is well now. :)

-Quicken Anja

• GlennK
    GlennK Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Anja" said:
    > Hello @sullfam1,
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.
    >
    > Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?* Help > About Quicken
    >
    > There are two settings that can cause Quicken to run automatic (unprompted) updates without the user initiating a One Step Update. If you prefer to initiate the One Step Update yourself, I would check your startup settings as well as your scheduled update settings (just in case, even if you haven't set this up in the past).
    >
    > To check your startup setting for this, please navigate to Edit > Preferences... > Startup and check and make sure the checkbox for Download transactions when Quicken starts is not checked (see below).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Next, to make sure you don't have any scheduled updates setup, please navigate to Tools > Schedule Updates... and check to make sure that the schedule field does not have any days checked and/or time set (see below).
    >
    >
    >
    > I hope this helps!

> @"Quicken Anja" said:
    > Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that all is well now. :)

Quicken will not let you uncheck all of the days, you must have at least one day checked. I just disabled the program in Task Manager Startup.....
  • GlennK
    GlennK Member ✭✭
    Quicken will not let you uncheck all of the days, you must have at least one day checked. I just disabled the program in Task Manager Startup.....
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    GlennK said:
    Quicken will not let you uncheck all of the days, you must have at least one day checked.
    You can uncheck all the days if you uncheck all the accounts first.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• sullfam1
    sullfam1 Member ✭✭
    Hi All, this question was from January 2021. I am all set.
This discussion has been closed.