Error when trying to access Portfolio X-Ray

bigskyrec
bigskyrec Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Investing (Windows)
"Invalid User ID\u003cbr/\u003eError in decrypting the UserId - Auth Token not
found\u003cbr/\u003eCannot Authenticate - User not found"

Any ideas?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @bigskyrec,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

To start with, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bigskyrec
    bigskyrec Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the response. I opened Quicken on another PC and updated to version R37.67, restored file, and Portfolio X-Ray worked as intended. Will try other PC later and use your suggestion if necessary. Thanks again!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    You're welcome, and thanks for the update! Let us know if any further assistance is needed.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigskyrec said:
    "Invalid User ID\u003cbr/\u003eError in decrypting the UserId - Auth Token not
    found\u003cbr/\u003eCannot Authenticate - User not found"

Any ideas?
    I remember seeing a rash of those errors a couple of years ago.
    Here's an old note I found in my records:

This error occurs when you created your XRay under one Quicken ID, then changed to a different Quicken ID in your file (Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts).

You can reset this manually, if you don't want to change back to the original Quicken ID:

1. With Quicken closed, use Windows File Explorer and go to
      C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Xray or
      C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Xray depending on your Quicken version
    2. Double-click the file XRay.INI to open it with Notepad
    3. Change ResetXRay=0 to ResetXRay=1 and Save the change (Ctrl + S)
    4. Open Quicken and go to the Investing tab to select XRay and click the Get Started button.

(posted by Quicken Tamara in an older message thread here in the Community)

Did you change Quicken IDs? Or might this setup be sensitive to you using different computers?
  • bigskyrec
    bigskyrec Member ✭✭
    I will check that .ini file but I haven't changed Quicken ID's for well over 10 years. Thanks for the suggestion.
This discussion has been closed.