Schwab Bond Fund Download Issues

decl
decl Member
Security Comparison for a Quicken account linked to a Schwab Nuveen Bond fund shows all securities at a zero balance from Schwab since the code change on 11/17. On an earlier support call the tech rep said bonds were still not downloading properly. Is that a known outstanding issue?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    decl said:
    Security Comparison for a Quicken account linked to a Schwab Nuveen Bond fund shows all securities at a zero balance from Schwab since the code change on 11/17. On an earlier support call the tech rep said bonds were still not downloading properly. Is that a known outstanding issue?
    Hello @decl,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community and I am so sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Schwab investment balances.

As far as the outstanding open alerts are concerned, you can check all of these - including those associated with Charles Schwab - in the thread category linked here:

https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts

With regards to the matter at hand, have you tried going into the Columns menu located in the Transactions tab of the account and then checking the little box next to Balances? The Columns menu can be accessed via the icon of the rectangle with the two lines dividing it into three, located in the lower right-hand side of the Quicken window.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • decl
    decl Member
    Jared

The update balance entry would insert a bunch of placeholder entries if I did that, I am trying to get to the root cause of why it is not getting the balances from Schwab in the download
  • decl
    decl Member
    the balances are in the display - that is not the issue. Other suggestions?
  • Quicken Jared
    decl said:
    the balances are in the display - that is not the issue. Other suggestions?
    @decl,

Thanks for checking back in and updating us, as well as providing some additional information. One thing that occurs to me would be checking whether the .csv files are importing into spreadsheets properly. You could try downloading the transactions from your Charles Schwab online banking profile, then importing them to another application. Do you notice that balances are missing when you try to open the imports in other software? Also, was the technical support representative you mentioned speaking with earlier a Charles Schwab associate?

I look forward to hearing more from you regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • decl
    decl Member
    the accounts include balances and the tech rep was from Quicken and is now escalated to a Tier 2 rep.
  • Phil H.
    Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
    I have similar issue: I have a "Securities Comparison MIsmatch" on some of my bonds. The market value and cost basis are correct but the "Reported Shares" is wrong.

Case in point. GE Variable bond has 250 shares in QUICKEN but Schwab reports 25000.

Prior to the last November redo of the Schwab-Quicken link all was good and the Qty was good.
    What happened and how can this be fixed
  • Quicken Jared
    Phil H. said:
    I have similar issue: I have a "Securities Comparison MIsmatch" on some of my bonds. The market value and cost basis are correct but the "Reported Shares" is wrong.

Case in point. GE Variable bond has 250 shares in QUICKEN but Schwab reports 25000.

Prior to the last November redo of the Schwab-Quicken link all was good and the Qty was good.
    What happened and how can this be fixed
    Hello @Phil H,       

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this mismatching problem. I thank you for getting in touch with us about the issue and following this thread for more information.

As I often say, be sure to save a backup frequently whenever using the Quicken software by going to File > Save a Backup in the menu at the top of the screen while the Quicken app is open. Doing so will prove quite useful in a wide array of scenarios, and is always the first line of defense against data loss. 

In this case, have you tried restoring from a backup prior to November? If you have any data files that were stored before that point, you could go to File > Restore from Backup in the same menu where you would save the backups, select an appropriate data file and then click Choose and Restore. Do the balances and reported shares appear correctly after you update the accounts?

I look forward to your response and hope to work with you on this some more, should you have the chance to check back in with us. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• Phil H.
    Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
    Jared. I have a backup from before 11/17/21 (4/21/21) and when I restored it and then "Reconcile Shares" the shares match. BUT I certainly can not go back a year and restore all my data since it would be a monumental task to get almost a year's worth of data properly categorized ...etc
    If it was only the Schwab data for that account I think I could handle it but not all my banking, cc and other investments.
    Any thoughts?? Has anyone else seen the same thing.
    Phil H
  • Phil H.
    Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
    BTW, I do a backup on each exit but will delete the ones that are over a week or two old.
  • Phil H.
    Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
    Is there a way to import CSV data from Schwab into my Quicken file
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Phil H. said:
    BTW, I do a backup on each exit but will delete the ones that are over a week or two old.
    In Quicken Preferences, you can set it to do automatic backups each time you quit, and to keep as many as you wish; it will handle deleting backups older than that. I have it set to keep 50 backups, or about a month of automatic backups, and periodically I will manually create a backup; the manual backups are not deleted over time, so I basically have roughly monthly backups going back more than a year. I hope to never need to go back to one of these older backups; it's a "just in case" I discover some problem which had been undetected and need to see what things looked like prior to whatever I or Quicken did wrong.

(Sorry, I can't help with your Schwab questions.) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Phil H.
    Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
    jacobs: I'm OK on the backups but I never thought I had to go back before the Schwab debacle to try to fix a screw up by Q. I'll get on a chat with those folks and see if they have other options.
  • Hello all,

Thank you all for participating in this discussion.

Yes, the issue downloading Bonds from is something that Quicken has noticed. Currently, we need more customers to call Quicken Support by phone to get these issues escalated.

I apologize for this inconvenience.

Quicken Alyssa

• westonclark
    westonclark Member ✭✭
    I have a Nuveen managed account from Schwab as a retirement account. The shares and computed value in the account (in Quicken) is more than ten (10) times the correct value shown in Schwab. Crazy. I'm on hold with Quicken phone support right two. I talked to Schwab and they couldn't help since they are showing the correct amount. I'm open to any and all suggestions.
  • Phil H.
    Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Anja
    @westonclark

I'm faced with the same issue. Prior to Nov 16 I was OK but now its off by a factor of 100. The $$ amount in the account is correct as well s the price per "share". "Quicken Anja" had a posting that I tried but it did not work. The people at Quicken Support were of zero help. Not sure of what to do next. I can't reconcile the account so I'll live with this until I sell the bonds!?
  • westonclark
    westonclark Member ✭✭
    I've been exploring Tiller and CountAbout as alternatives to Quicken. This is after over 20 years using Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.