Cleared Transactions do not Change to Reconciled Status for One Account

stevesbe
stevesbe Member ✭✭
I have multiple credit card accounts to which I download transactions and then review each transaction before I accept them. As each transaction is accepted, its status is changed to "c" (Cleared). Once I've accepted all transactions and press the "Done" button at the bottom of the screen all of the accepted transactions are automatically changed to a status of "R" (Reconciled).

However, I have a problem with automatic reconciliation for one of these credit card accounts. For this problem account, when I press the "Done" button, none of the newly cleared transactions are automatically changed to a status of "R" (Reconciled). They remain in a "c" (Cleared) status. To complete the reconciliation for that account I must press Ctrl-R which takes me to the reconciliation screen and press the "Done" button on that screen .

BTW – In the Online Services tab of the Account Details I have checked the box next to “Reconcile using online balance” for all of these accounts.

Why does this occur for only this one account?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    stevesbe said:
    I have multiple credit card accounts to which I download transactions and then review each transaction before I accept them. As each transaction is accepted, its status is changed to "c" (Cleared). Once I've accepted all transactions and press the "Done" button at the bottom of the screen all of the accepted transactions are automatically changed to a status of "R" (Reconciled).

However, I have a problem with automatic reconciliation for one of these credit card accounts. For this problem account, when I press the "Done" button, none of the newly cleared transactions are automatically changed to a status of "R" (Reconciled). They remain in a "c" (Cleared) status. To complete the reconciliation for that account I must press Ctrl-R which takes me to the reconciliation screen and press the "Done" button on that screen .

BTW – In the Online Services tab of the Account Details I have checked the box next to “Reconcile using online balance” for all of these accounts.

I suspect you did not check Auto reconcile downloaded transactions for this one account register.  To set this register to behave as you have described the other registers, I suggest you open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab, uncheck Reconcile using online balance, select OK, press Ctrl + R, choose Online Balance, check Always use online balance for this account and Auto reconcile downloaded transactions, and select OK.

Answers

• Hello @stevesbe,

Thank you for coming to the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Is the account with the auto-reconciliation issue a Charles Schwab account? If not, what financial institution is this account associated with?

Looking forward to hearing your response, thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• stevesbe
    stevesbe Member ✭✭
    Quicken Alyssa -

No, the account with the auto-reconciliation issue is not a Charles Schwab account. It is from UW Credit Union.

Steve
  • @stevesbe,

Thank you for your response!

How long has this been an issue? Also, where is your data file located?

You can check this most easily by going to File>Show this file on my computer. You can then copy the file pathway out of the bar across the top of the File Explorer, and paste it here.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• stevesbe
    stevesbe Member ✭✭
    Hi Quicken Alyssa -

The file is in directory H:\steve\Documents\Quicken.

Steve
  • @stevesbe,

Thank you for your response! 

Can you please move your data file back to your local disk C:? Although it is fine to back up and restore Quicken data files to and from networks and external drives, running Quicken data files from external locations can corrupt the files.

Do let us know once your file has been moved and we will go from there, thanks!

Quicken Alyssa

• stevesbe
    stevesbe Member ✭✭
    Can you explain why this causes corruption? It sounds like a Quicken problem.

I do not put data on my Windows Computer's operating system hard drive...the C drive. I've run this way for 20 years, never had this problem before, and won't do that.

Steve
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    stevesbe said:

I suspect you did not check Auto reconcile downloaded transactions for this one account register.  To set this register to behave as you have described the other registers, I suggest you open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab, uncheck Reconcile using online balance, select OK, press Ctrl + R, choose Online Balance, check Always use online balance for this account and Auto reconcile downloaded transactions, and select OK.
  • stevesbe
    stevesbe Member ✭✭
    Sherlock...Thank You!

The solution you gave me was right on. I don't add accounts often and forgot that method of setting the auto reconcile. I thought that I had set it up this way when I created the account...but evidently not. It wasn't a critical thing but was annoying and made me wonder of something was wrong that I couldn't see.

Thanks very much!

Steve

> @Sherlock said:
    > I suspect you did not check Auto reconcile downloaded transactions for this one account register. 
    To set this register to behave as you have described the other registers, I suggest you open the
    register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab, uncheck Reconcile using online
    balance, select OK, press Ctrl + R, choose Online Balance, check Always use online balance for this
    account and Auto reconcile downloaded transactions, and select OK.
This discussion has been closed.