Lost credit card

Options
Daniel Borowicz
Daniel Borowicz Member ✭✭✭
I had to reissue a new card do to a fraudulent activity.
I made the mistake of just creating a new account. Now I have the old account that is never used (except in reports). I due want the old transactions for reports and history.
Is there a way to merge the two accounts?
Using Quicken deluxe, windows 10 both up to date
I have windows 11, Quicken deluxe subscription

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Daniel Borowicz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Rather than merging the 2 accounts together. It may be easier and a quicker/smoother process for you to simply delete the new account that was created and then reconnect the new credit card with the old account you already have set up in Quicken.

To delete the new account, simply right-click the account name and select Edit/delete account then click Delete account in the bottom left corner and follow the prompts to confirm the deletion.

After that, to reconnect to the old account, please navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Daniel Borowicz
    Options
    Thanks, but this happened over a year ago so there is a lot of history that may not transfer over
    I have windows 11, Quicken deluxe subscription
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See this FAQ for the right way to do it: FAQ - Moving Transactions

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Daniel Borowicz
    Options
    Thanks that seems to work.