Fidelity failing due to OL-220-A

YiY
YiY Member ✭✭
I have been getting this error for more than a month now. I tried deactivate/reactivate/Reset, nothing works. Any idea what's going on?

Quicken Premier on Windows subscription (current version R37.67)

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @YiY,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review the error-specific guidance found in this support article regarding error OL-220.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• YiY
    YiY Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Anja" said:
    > Hello @YiY,
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > If you haven't already, please take a moment to review the error-specific guidance found in this support article regarding error OL-220.
    >
    > Thank you!

Thanks for the quick response. I read that article and reached out to fidelity.

They had a simple test which Quicken should add to your knowledge base to save your customer some time: create a new test file and add the fidelity accounts only. If the new file works, the downloading issue is on quicken (which is exactly what happened on my case)

Since the issue seems to be on my quicken file, what would you suggest doing to troubleshoot?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for following up.

Do you have a recent backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file that was saved prior to when this issue started to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• YiY
    YiY Member ✭✭
    As I mentioned this had been going on for months. Even if I do have backup I don't really want to restore from that far away.

I wish your article had mentioned that it could be a corrupted file so I can act earlier, but instead it said firmly that the error was caused by broker/bank side.

Do you have other options?

Thanks
  • @YiY,

Another option is to Validate the file in an attempt to repair any corruption that has occurred. 

To do this you can go to File>Validate & Repair File...>Validate file>Ok. Close the data log that populates after the validation completes. 

Then go to File>hold down Ctrl+Shift+Validate & Repair File...>Super Validate>Ok. Again you can close the data log. 

Close Quicken completely and then reopen it. Let us know if you still get the error, and we will go from there. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• YiY
    YiY Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I tried but same error (also it didn't find anything wrong with my fidelity accounts)
  • @YiY,

Thank you for trying. 

Where is your data file located? You can easily find this by going to File>Show this file on my computer. A File Explorer window will open with your data file highlighted. Please copy the full file pathway out of the bar across the top and then paste it here. 

Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• YiY
    YiY Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Alyssa said:
    > @YiY,
    >
    > Thank you for trying. 
    >
    > Where is your data file located? You can easily find this by going to File>Show this file on my computer. A File Explorer window will open with your data file highlighted. Please copy the full file pathway out of the bar across the top and then paste it here. 
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Quicken Alyssa

Not sure where you are going with this... the data file is fine (per your validator and super validator). There are a dozen of other accounts that have been updating fine. The only one has issue is fidelity
  • @YiY,

Where I am going with this is through any and all appropriate troubleshooting options to identify the issues you are currently having. 

If you would prefer, you can always call Quicken Support by phone and they can walk you through troubleshooting steps that way as well. They may see something I am unable to from here. 

Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• YiY
    YiY Member ✭✭
    My question was why would the file path has anything to do with the fidelity issue...
  • @YiY,

The file path has nothing to do with Fidelity specifically. However, as you discovered with Fidelity, this is not a Fidelity issue, but rather a data file issue. 

Therefore, we are now troubleshooting and investigating the cause of a possible data file issue. One possible cause of an issue like this is using your data file from an external location. This is why I asked for the full file pathway. 

Quicken Alyssa

• rgs nerur
    rgs nerur Member ✭✭
    I agree with the OP, I too have recurring (weekly) issues with downloading (same error as the OP) from Fidelity via direct connect. This is *definitely* true when I try over the weekend (has also happened during weekdays but less frequently). I have been trying the workaround (deactivate, close quicken and reactivate) which sometimes works on the first go but often takes more than one try. This workaround to be doing every week is *super annoying*. And yes I have read the associated support article referenced above as well as followed the steps above to no avail.

This issue with QW (R37.67) appears to be more pervasive.

what is worse (or better) is after deactivate/reactivate, it finds all my accounts at Fido and allows me to map it my QW accounts. And the next step typically fails. Again, I agree with the OP that this doesn't look like an issue with Fidelity.

Please assist. Thanks
  • Hello @rgs nerur,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and add to this discussion, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. 

Where is your data file located? You can easily find this by going to File>Show this file on my computer. A File Explorer window will open with your data file highlighted. Please copy the full file pathway out of the bar across the top and then paste it here. 

Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• rgs nerur
    rgs nerur Member ✭✭
    Thank you Alyssa, this file is located on my external drive and here is the path D:\HPElite\QWData\NatRajUSD_2021

Not sure if this is germane but I am also using Norton VPN and this has not prevented the downloads from working in the past (not for Fidelity nor any other banks).
  • rgs nerur
    rgs nerur Member ✭✭
    that should read "D Colon" and not the frown face
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with financial institution and clear the financial institution name on the General tab of the Account Details windows.  You'll know you've deactivated all the accounts when financial institution no longer appear in the One Step Update Settings window.  Save a Quicken file backup (press Ctrl + B). Next, select Tools > Add Account... to enable the Online Services.  After you authenticate with the financial institution, Quicken should present you with a list of the accounts available and allow you to link the accounts with the existing registers.

If the issue persists, use the backup to restore the Quicken file, use Tools > Add Account... to add new offline registers, move the transactions from the original registers to the new registers, reset any reminders or memorized payees referencing the original registers, delete the original registers, and use Tools > Add Account... to enable the Online Services.  

Note: If you do use this later approach Quicken will import a lot of duplicate transactions which you should delete.  For non-investment registers, the multiple imported transactions may be selected and deleted as a group in the Downloaded Transaction(s) tab.  For investment registers, I suggest marking all the transactions in the register as reconciled (R) before accepting the imported transactions in to the register, pressing Ctrl + Shift + N, selecting Edit Multiple Transactions, left-click on the Clr column title to group the transactions, select the range of transactions cleared (c) transactions, and Delete.
  • rgs nerur
    rgs nerur Member ✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > If you haven't already, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with financial institution and clear the financial institution name on the General tab of the Account Details windows.  You'll know you've deactivated all the accounts when financial institution no longer appear in the One Step Update Settings window.  Save a Quicken file backup (press Ctrl + B). Next, select Tools > Add Account... to enable the Online Services.  After you authenticate with the financial institution, Quicken should present you with a list of the accounts available and allow you to link the accounts with the existing registers.
    >

Thank you @Sherlock, as I noted earlier this is precisely what I do (deactivate <italic> all the Fidelity accounts </italic>, close QW, reopen, etc.) and *it definitely* show me the accounts to be mapped but the next step of downloading fails. This is super annoying (to be doing this week in/out).
  • rgs nerur
    rgs nerur Member ✭✭
    BTW I should add that I tried it again just now (the whole works of deactivate, etc. and it worked. Not sure if this is a weekend thing but I sure hope Quicken has some sort of trace flag that I can enable to see where/why this failing.
This discussion has been closed.