Critical Update Available as of January 26 - what is it and why ?

isonclubikin
isonclubikin Member ✭✭✭✭
I just opened Quicken and got a dialog box saying a critical update was available and I should go to Help > Check for Updates and install it.  But, according to Check for Updates, I have the latest version (R37.67).  From what I can see here, that does look like it's the latest.  Is there a critical update available or not?

Best Answer

• Quicken Kathryn
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All,
    Apologies for the confusion--this message was intended for users who have not yet updated to version 36.48 or newer.  Unfortunately, there was an error with the message parameters, and it was briefly sent to users who were on more updated versions of Quicken for Windows.  This has been fixed--

The "critical" nature of this update is related to ongoing work in transitioning Quicken's aggregation platform from FDS to FDP.  Our aggregation provider is migrating to this new FDP platform, and we are slowly transitioning users to this new system.  This work is done in the backend, so you won't need to take any action, beyond being on an FDP-supported release (36.48 or later).

Users who don't update before the FDP cutover later this year will experience issues aggregating accounts.

Hope this helps--
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator

Answers

• JB_105
    JB_105 Member ✭✭
    Same thing just happened to me and was about to ask the same question.
  • Robert Baur
    Robert Baur Member ✭✭
    I also received the same message. Glad I was not the only one to see it.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I see the same thing.  My wild guess would be it is "critical" to people using Schwab, but not so much for others.  And it went out "staged release mode" and has already been paused.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • hcrow2
    hcrow2 Member ✭✭
    I am up-to-date on all updates as of today Jan. 26 and have been for months. I cannot download Schwab data unless I spend hours with Quicken support, deactivate and reactivate accounts and then only get 7 of 10 accounts updated. A useless way to update anything.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    nothing listed as new in the R37.xx Alert -
    UPDATE 1/12/22

Here’s what’s been fixed in the R37.67 patch:

• Internal reporting issue.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Noticed there is a new R38.xx release - but nothing shouts out "critical update" -
    I too, received the dialog box today .... am running R37.37 -
    When I did the - Check For Updates - the latest release avail was .... R37.67
    Have also notified the Mods - and they have forwarded this topic for further review....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• isonclubikin
    isonclubikin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up.  I also don't see anything there that would be considered "critical."
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken release notes have become confusing.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    @Chris_QPW How were you able to determine R37.67 has been paused?  I don't see that in the announcement. 

In fact, R37.66 was never announced as paused, but just surmised that since R37.67 is out R37.66 is paused.   The announcements have become a bit ambiguous for me.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Not getting any "critical" notification.  When I check for updates it wants to install R37.67 as the latest update. Am running R37.62.  My R37.67 update message doesn't seem paused. Not going to update to R37.67. Quicken Mondo site showing R38.25 now.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Quicken Kathryn
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All,
    Apologies for the confusion--this message was intended for users who have not yet updated to version 36.48 or newer.  Unfortunately, there was an error with the message parameters, and it was briefly sent to users who were on more updated versions of Quicken for Windows.  This has been fixed--

The "critical" nature of this update is related to ongoing work in transitioning Quicken's aggregation platform from FDS to FDP.  Our aggregation provider is migrating to this new FDP platform, and we are slowly transitioning users to this new system.  This work is done in the backend, so you won't need to take any action, beyond being on an FDP-supported release (36.48 or later).

Users who don't update before the FDP cutover later this year will experience issues aggregating accounts.

Hope this helps--
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
This discussion has been closed.