Losing OnLine Setup for all my Accounts when Making a Copy of my Data File

FlyerFran
FlyerFran Windows Beta Beta
Trying to change the name of my data file and the only way I know how is to make a copy with a new name.  Always worked in the past, but now I lose OnLine setups for all my accounts.  

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to consider voting for: 

Option to preserve online account connections when performing File Copy

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can change the name of your data file in Windows Explorer.  Rename it in Windows Explorer with Quicken closed. Once renamed, double click on the file to start Quicken with that file, after that, it should find it on its own.
    The old file name will still be in the Recent File list (File menu), but if you select it, Quicken will tell you it can't find it and offer to remove it from the Recent File list.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• FlyerFran
    @splasher, thanks for the suggestion which works great.  But I'm wondering if I rename:  DataFile Name (xx) .QDF; xx_SyncLog.dat; and xx_OFXLOG.DAT  or just xx.QDF?  I know it will work with just xx.QDF, but then the sync log and ofx log files won't have all the info in them?  Don't know if that matters, but do know that the log files grow over time.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FlyerFran
    I wouldn't worry about the sync and ofx logs, they are purely the history of what did happen and they get overwritten in time anyway.  I would just delete the one's with the old file name in them.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• FlyerFran
    Thanks @splasher.
This discussion has been closed.