How do I open a separate account

Options
web
web Member ✭✭
I just noticed there is a "separate account" section. Any account there will not be shown in my total assets. I put money aside for my kids in their own banks but monitor the balances and I would not like this shown on my total assets. Thank in advance for any help

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Set up the account just like you would any other.  Then go to the Display Options tab of Account Details for that account and check the box for "Keep this account separate...." and click OK.  The account will then be moved in the side bar Accounts List to the bottom of the list under "Separate".

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    To place an account in the Separate section: open the account register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Display Options tab, check Keep this account separate - account will be excluded from reports and features, and select OK

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Set up the account just like you would any other.  Then go to the Display Options tab of Account Details for that account and check the box for "Keep this account separate...." and click OK.  The account will then be moved in the side bar Accounts List to the bottom of the list under "Separate".

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You open the account like any other account then click on the gear at the top right.

Edit account details then click on the Display options tab. There you can mark the account Separate.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    To place an account in the Separate section: open the account register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Display Options tab, check Keep this account separate - account will be excluded from reports and features, and select OK
  • web
    web Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you all so much. Now I have seen it, it is kind of obvious. Thanks again for all your help.
This discussion has been closed.