is there a way to download all of 2021 from PNC bank instead of just last 90 days?

New to Quicken so this would help greatly with entering info from 2021.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi again @SJ Moving

For PNC you will be able to go back two years. You should login to the PNC website and go to "My Accounts" > "Account Activity".  Then, in the "Posted Transactions" section, change the "Last 90 days" button to "Custom Date Range " and change the "From" field to  "01/01/2021".  Then click "Export" and then click the "Quicken (.QFX)" button.

That will produce one file that you'll be able to import into your Quicken application.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @SJ Moving,

The answer depends on your bank and what it makes available.

Generally, through Quicken you can download the last 90 days of transactions.  However some financial institutions make transactions available on their websites which can be downloaded into Quicken and those can relate to timeframes going back years.

Which financial institution(s) are involved?

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• SJ Moving
    SJ Moving Member
    PNC BAnk
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi again @SJ Moving

For PNC you will be able to go back two years. You should login to the PNC website and go to "My Accounts" > "Account Activity".  Then, in the "Posted Transactions" section, change the "Last 90 days" button to "Custom Date Range " and change the "From" field to  "01/01/2021".  Then click "Export" and then click the "Quicken (.QFX)" button.

That will produce one file that you'll be able to import into your Quicken application.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

• SJ Moving
    SJ Moving Member
    I got the file but having an issue importing into Quicken.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    SJ Moving said:
    I got the file but having an issue importing into Quicken.

WHY?  What happens?  Any error messages or codes?  What's the full name (including extension) of the file?  Where is the file located?
    If you can't describe the issue, it's just about certain that we can't diagnose it.  Or help with it.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    EDIT - See Correction below:

Hi @SJ Moving,

To import it Go To: File > File Import" > select "Quicken Transfer Format" > then Browse for the file and then click "Continue".

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Frankx said:
    Hi @SJ Moving,

To import it Go To: File > File Import" > select "Quicken Transfer Format" > then Browse for the file and then click "Continue".

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx
    You selected the wrong one, maybe @SJ Moving made the same mistake?

The right one is:
    File -> File Import -> Web Connect (.QFX) File...

"Quicken Transfer Format(.QXF) File... is for transferring of the whole data file (usually from Quicken Mac).

BTW One should be able to open the .QFX file in either their web browser or Windows File Explorer and it will be given to Quicken and Quicken will do the import without having to go through the menus.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Chris_QPW,

You are correct - I transposed the F and X.  The corrected steps are as you noted above.

Thanks for picking that up!

Frankx 

• Thanks for the help. I did what you said and when I transfer it, it just goes back to my original data that I manually entered for 1 month of 2021. Nothing new from the entire year I downloaded gets imported.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    SJ Moving said: Thanks for the help.
    Just to clarify the steps -
    A - download from PNC a Quicken file with QFX file type (and your requested date range)
    B - open Quicken
    C - menu.... File -> File Import -> Web Connect (.QFX) File...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.