Support for price update for Canadian Depositary Receipts

rogerhlho
rogerhlho Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Investments
There are a number of big tech companies have corresponding Canadian Depositary Receipts that can be traded in Canada. Anyone know if Quicken will provide support for price update for these CDR?
Tagged:
18 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @rogerhlho

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered.

I have changed your post to an Idea thread to add the ability to add Canadian Depositary Receipts for trade. 

Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what people would like to be available in the future.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried adding these CDRs to you security list to see if they are already supported?

The issue may be that Quicken does not support securities that are traded on the NEO exchange, as these are.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • wrapper
    wrapper Member ✭✭
    I would like to see pricing updates for goog.ne
  • The NEO Exchange in Canada is not a trifling or side issue. This exchanges trading values are in the order of a billion dollars ($981,410,506.07 as of 1:15 pm today Nov 01) per day. The Canadian CDRs (sponsored by CIBC, one of the five big banks) are new and for the first time make available to Canadian investors some of the large American firms at a price Canadians can afford. The share price movement is virtually the same percentage as the US version but even better because the exchange rate is Hedged (eliminated) as an issue. The days trade volume for Tesla, for instance, at this same moment is 197,026.
    Quicken needs to recognize this and make its stock pricing available as a direct download.
  • https://www.neo.inc/en/services/raising-assets/canadian-depositary-receipts

Please make these securities available for price updates in Quicken
  • Marecora
    Marecora Member
    Please include NEO exchange in Canada.
  • Brent H
    Brent H Member
    I too would like this added. I have NEO stocks in my holdings (MSFT and AMZN) and find this frustrating that the feature is not there. I also have difficulty adding preferred stocks as well. Dont know why, but this is the most frustrating feature of quicken (getting the stocks added correctly with the right nomenclature and exchange). This could be better. Still cant find BAM.PR.T for example, even though this is the symbol used by TD in my account.
  • pezram
    pezram Member ✭✭
    Like to see these Canadian CDR's added. They are becoming and are very active.
  • jrmc
    jrmc Member ✭✭
    Agree this should be added.