Problem: Budgets Disappear from Quicken File

I have been trying to set up my budgets for 2022, and my budgets have all disappeared from my quicken file, including the budgets from previous years. Seems to happen when I try to backup my file after setting up my budget. I have been using the budgeting tools for many years without any problems. Any solutions?

Comments

• MI Ski Bum
    MI Ski Bum Member ✭✭
    I have been having this problem intermittantly since December. Here are a few patterns and ideas I found:

1. Today I had one file open and than opened my primary file. The budgets disappeared. Wonder if something in memory didn't get reset properly. The other file didn't have any budgets.

2. Sometimes happens after restoring from a good backup.

3. I had a lot of budgets going back to 1998. Deleted a bunch and that may have helped.

4. To make sure I notice it, I have quicken start up with budgets displaying in the dashboard. This way I will know before I enter any transaction.

Good luck. Let me know if you learn anything. Quicken support only says to restore from a backup.
  • GTmem
    GTmem Member ✭✭
    I opened another thread on the same topic. Once I turned off Mobile/Cloud sync, the problem seems to have disappeared.
  • I have the same problem. I started Quicken today and all my budgets from many years are missing. It wants me to create a new budget from scratch. What do we do?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue here in the Community, though I apologize for the trouble.

This issue has been forwarded for further review and our teams are investigating this issue further. In the meantime, could you please provide which version of Quicken you currently have (Help > About Quicken), and confirm whether or not you are using cloud sync? Also, how many budgets total do you have?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• BTM1
    BTM1 Member
    Same problem. I built a Budget for 2022 a week or so ago. I had one or two others from previous years. This morning, its all gone. I have been using Quicken for almost 30 years, and this is the worst bug that I have ever seen with the product. I see lots of reports of this problem, but no action. "restore a backup" is NOT an acceptable solution. Please refer this to your development department and provide a plan of action to your users.
  • joanP
    joanP Member ✭✭
    February 3rd 2022 - I've been a Quicken user for 30 years and never had a budget disappear. I never used to use Cloud Sync, but I turned it on recently. This past week I've had the budget disappear twice while I'm working on it. Very Frustrating. I have turned OFF the Cloud Sync until an update is released to fix this bug. Please let us know how soon we can expect an fix. Thanks
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    joanP said:
    Please let us know how soon we can expect an fix. Thanks
    Given that I have seen this problem reported in this forum for multiple years, I would say don't hold your breath for it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • I have had the same problem. At the beginning of January 2022 I went to run a budget report and was told the I had no budgets setup. I had budgets setup for 2019, 2020 and 2021. They were all gone. So I went ahead and setup a brand new budget labeled Budget for 2022. I completed the setup of this budget and for the rest of January 2022 everything was fine. The last time I was in the budget views was 1/31/22. On 2/4/22 I went to view budgets and my 2022 Budget was gone and the system is telling me to setup a brand new budget because none exist. I too have been using Quicken since 1993 and have never had this problem. This is definitely a MAJOR BUG. When will the Quicken Technical Team be addressing this issue.
This discussion has been closed.