Quicken Windows to Quicken Mac

I have used quicken for windows for approximately 20 years. I want to migrate to quicken for Mac and have moved my data over to the Mac. It is a very different system and was wondering if there is a primer to show a comparison of functions in Windows and how to do them in Mac. I have looked at the YouTube videos but they did not help much.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @CoudyBob there's lot of materials scattered on Quicken's website, in the Quicken Mac Help, and on other web pages. But one thing that might help you the most is a free service Quicken offers to new users — and you'd qualify as new since it's a new platform for you: a one-hour telephone/online one-on-one consulting session to help new users get started. Visit this page to schedule a one-hour session with a Quicken Support representative. In the box on that page, you can indicate that you're a longtime Quicken Windows user who doesn't know how to really get up-and-running on Quicken Mac. One of the Quicken Support representatives should be able to show you a lot in an hour to translate your Quicken Windows knowledge to Quicken Mac.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • CoudyBob
    CoudyBob Member
    Every time I click on the link it simply takes me to the quicken.com main page and not to where you describe. Can you please try the link again.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    CoudyBob said:
    Every time I click on the link it simply takes me to the quicken.com main page and not to where you describe. Can you please try the link again.
    Hello CoudyBob,

Thank you for continuing to discuss this subject with us, and for your patience.

Regarding the process of converting from Quicken for Windows to Quicken for Mac, there is an excellent support article that I will link below detailing this process: 

https://www.quicken.com/support/converting-quicken-windows-quicken-mac-2016

Additionally, you can also contact support via this link:

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

I hope these links are helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • CoudyBob
    CoudyBob Member
    Thank you very much. I completed the data transfer and it went well. What I am interested in is figuring out the process differences using the Quicken Mac version.
  • jacobs
    edited February 2022
    @Quicken Jared Can you address the question above regarding the link I provided for the Quicken 1-2-3 program? The link (https://www.quicken.com/support/help-getting-started-quicken) no longer works. Has Quicken quietly terminated this program to help new users get oriented? Or is there a new URL?
  • Hi @CoudyBob and @jacobs,

Thank you for your responses. Unfortunately, that article has been archived due to it being outdated and not having correct, up-to-date information. However, you can refer back to @Quicken Jared comments with the support links and contact information that he gave. 

Have a great day, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    Unfortunately, that article has been archived due to it being outdated and not having correct, up-to-date information.
    @Quicken Jasmine Thank you, but that didn't answer my question. Has Quicken recently terminated the "Quicken 1-2-3" program where new users could sign up to get a one-hour phone & online consultation to help them get up and running?

I — and others here, including moderators — have often referred new users who are looking for basic start-up help to that service. And the link was active just a week ago — I looked it up to include in my reply to @CoudyBob. So I am asking: did Quicken Support discontinue this service and remove the link to it last week? 

However, you can refer back to @Quicken Jared comments with the support links and contact information that he gave. 
    Jared provided two links. One is how how transfer data from Quicken Windows to Quicken Mac, but @CoudyBob has stated that he already migrated his data. He is looking for help in getting oriented to Quicken Mac's differences from Quicken Windows.

The other link Jared listed is simply a generic URL for Quicken Support — the same as the one in the menu bar of this website as well as the Help menu within the Quicken program. So are we supposed to infer from this that the "1-2-3" service is no longer available?

Thank you.
  • Hi @jacobs and @CoudyBob,

I apologize for the confusion, I had misunderstood. 

I have included a link to a full starter guide for using Quicken on a Mac:

https://tech-content.quicken.com/QuickenforMacQuickStart/story.html?_ics=1644872586193&irclickid=~1g~4miEZ2e.a4WSQGxumga8Z0PQJIzvsnfca60WM

Also, here is the link for the Quicken 1-2-3 service where you can fill out the form to set up an appointment:

https://www.quicken.com/support/help-getting-started-quicken

I hope this is what you were looking for. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• jacobs
    @Quicken Jasmine Thank you! What's very odd is the link you just provided for the Quicken 1-2-3 service is the same one I originally provided to @CoudyBob above a week ago. But for some reason, as he reported and I verified, the link wasn't working later last week. when Jared didn't address it, I got the impression the service might be gone. But now, the link is back working again -- which is great.

@CoudyBob Try that link again, and select a time for your one-hour consultation. there are time slots every day, so you don't have to wait to take advantage of this service. I think one of the Quicken Support representatives who is familiar with both the Windows and Mac products can help get you oriented on Quicken Mac, and you can ask lots of "where do I find…" and "how do I do…" questions. 
  • Hi @jacobs,

I noticed as well that the link was just bringing you to the main Quicken page for a bit, I am happy that it is working again and that I was able to clear up the confusion and help. 

Have a great day,
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.