How to Manually Reconcile Quicken for Mac

VOW
VOW Member
:# Why, oh why must you mess with things that work, Quicken for Mac people!???
I haven't opened Quicken since last year. Went to input manually and that has changed.
Okay, figured that out.
Now that input is done, I'd like to find that easy manual reconcile window that used to be there.
Please Help.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The old reconcile window is gone, you'll have to adjust to the new one. Is there something in particular about it that you're having trouble with?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I enter all my transactions manually, and I can't think of anything that changed in manual entry of transactions in the past year. 

The reconcile window has been redesigned a bit, but it should actually be easier to use, not harder. Most of the changes are for people who want to have Quicken automatically reconcile transactions when they download. For people who manually reconcile to a statement, almost nothing has changed: enter the statement ending balance and closing date, and then the window allows you to check off the transactions on the statement. Are you having trouble with the reconcile start screen or the main reconcile window? Please give more information about where you're having trouble. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • I find it easier to manually reconcile by transaction categories. What is the easiest way to turn OFF imposed reconciliation. More is NOT better for me.
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Not sure what you mean by "imposed". If you mean auto-reconciliation, you can turn that off in account settings. You'll have to turn it off individually for each account.

If you meant something else, could you elaborate?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I find it easier to manually reconcile by transaction categories. What is the easiest way to turn OFF imposed reconciliation. More is NOT better for me.
    Do you mean you want the reconcile window sorted by categories instead of in date order? I'm not sure what type of statement you have from your financial institution which is in category order to make this easier, but if so, you can click the Category heading in the reconcile window.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @1selectman,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question. I would be more than happy to assist you. 

I have located and added a link to a Support Article that discusses Reconciling in detail and how to do it. 

https://help.quicken.com/display/MAC/Using+reconcile

I hope you find this to be of use.
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.