Can't update Not responding error

Karyl Wilson
Karyl Wilson Member ✭✭✭
This started Friday. When I try to update any account, it looks like it will process, and then it just says not responding. I let it run thinking it would eventually, but it went 24 hours as not responding. Is anyone else having this problem. Sunflower Bank, Visa and Securities.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• RichM81
    RichM81 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I turned off syncing with the cloud and my OSU started working again! Thanks Karyl!

Answers

• MattT
    MattT Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just a suggestion, sadly not an answer.  Try updating only one account at a time.  In the pop-up window from Tools>One Step Update, deselect all accounts and then select only one.  If updating works for all but one, it's more than likely an institutional issue; if it still doesn't work for any, it's likely a Quicken application issue.  Of course, try rebooting your computer, phone, etc.  I know that's an obvious suggestion and I hesitate to even mention it, but I have before spent a lot of time trying to troubleshoot a problem only to have it go away on its own after rebooting.  Good luck.
  • Karyl Wilson
    Karyl Wilson Member ✭✭✭
    I have rebooted several times. It is freezing when I try to update. Everything else works. Thank you for the suggestion though.
  • Karyl Wilson
    Karyl Wilson Member ✭✭✭
    Now I cannot exit out of Quicken.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Karyl Wilson

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, are you getting any specific error codes? How long has this issue been occurring? Also, what version of Windows are you running? 

Please elaborate so that we may provide guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Karyl Wilson
    Karyl Wilson Member ✭✭✭
    It started the 11th of Feb. I don't get any errors just not responding. Windows 10.
  • Karyl Wilson
    Karyl Wilson Member ✭✭✭
    And also now it says it is trying to sync to the new and improved cloud service. It goes to 35% and then not responding. And now I cannot update without that message coming up.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Karyl Wilson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Karyl Wilson
    Karyl Wilson Member ✭✭✭
    It says if I do the sign in as a different user it will wipe out everything in the cloud.
  • Karyl Wilson
    Karyl Wilson Member ✭✭✭
    I fixed it myself. I went to Edit, Preferences and shut of sync. It worked perfectly. The last update must have really messed up the cloud.
  • RichM81
    RichM81 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I turned off syncing with the cloud and my OSU started working again! Thanks Karyl!
This discussion has been closed.