Wells Fargo Advisors

System
System Member admin
edited March 2022 in Investing (Mac)
This discussion was created from comments split from: Anyone having a problem with Wells Fargo updates.

Comments

• pwants
    pwants Member ✭✭
    I have not seen recent Wells Fargo Advisor problems posted but my problem with current version of Quicken MAC is that the number of shares of each existing stock are doubled each time I download transactions. I have to find the "update cost basis" transactions and delete them after every transaction download. (I have no clue how to post a new thread on Quicken Community for MAC.)
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    pwants said:
    I have not seen recent Wells Fargo Advisor problems posted but my problem with current version of Quicken MAC is that the number of shares of each existing stock are doubled each time I download transactions. I have to find the "update cost basis" transactions and delete them after every transaction download. (I have no clue how to post a new thread on Quicken Community for MAC.)
    Hello @pwants,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with duplicate transactions. Thank you for bringing this trouble before the Quicken Community for discussion.

For future reference, you can always start a new Discussion by following the steps in the link provided below:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849429/how-to-add-a-post-to-the-community#latest

Essentially, just click the dark blue New Post button with the '+' icon just beside it in the upper right-hand edge of the screen when you pull up the Quicken Discussion boards from Quicken.com. 

As far as the issue with Wells Fargo accounts and duplicate transactions, are any of the older transactions being entered manually? Also, what Connection Type are you using to link you Wells Fargo accounts to online banking services? You can always check this by selecting an account from the left-hand panel of the Quicken window and going to Accounts > Settings > Downloads in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. 

I look forward to your response, and hope to continue working with you on this here in this discussion, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• dnchen
    dnchen Member ✭✭
    I am running into this same issue. Started about maybe 2-3 weeks ago. Is this being tracked? The response from Quicken Jared suggested that maybe further action needs to be done before it is tracked?
  • Hi @dnchen,

Thank you for contacting the Community regarding this issue. Could you please provide us with the information that @Quicken Jared asked earlier in the thread so that we may work towards a resolution with you? 

I look forward to hearing your response.
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• dnchen
    dnchen Member ✭✭
    Each time I do an online update for my Wells Fargo Advisors accounts, grey'ed out transactions dated 02/07/2012 appear. Clicking on each transaction shows the "You have shares missing cost and acquisition date (cost basis)" dialog. Each transaction has a stock symbol corresponding to all of my current positions. In short, all of my stock positions will double. The stock symbol has the right symbol ticker but are all in the "Other" category. It seems like Quicken is not able to match the positions of what is downloaded to my current positions.
  • dnchen
    dnchen Member ✭✭
    The above is with using Quicken Connect with Wells Fargo. If I use Direct Connect with Wells Fargo Advisors, I do not have this issue. But then I think Wells Fargo will charge a monthly fee.
  • Hello @dnchen,

Thank you for the response and the information. Wells Fargo no longer charges a fee for Direct Connect. I have provided a link to Wells Fargo's page in which they discuss Direct Connect with Quicken. 

https://www.wellsfargo.com/online-banking/software/fees/#:~:text=Access your online banking balances,charges fees for Direct Connect.

I am glad to hear that this error does not occur with Direct Connect, you are welcome to use that route since Wells Fargo no longer charges a fee. 

Thank you,
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.