Quicken does not recognize existing Fidelity ETF and wants to add as new security

Options
Flashgolfer
Flashgolfer Member ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Investing (Windows)
This is an old closed item, but it still exists and needs to be addressed. I am using Windows 11 and R38.29 and this error started in January. "When downloading some investment transactions, Quicken does not recognize existing securities and wants to add it as a new security. I get a box asking to match it to an existing security, but the list does not include the security, even though it is already in Quicken. If I try to add it, it is flagged as already existing. "
I have unchecked the match online box, looked at the compare function and nothing works. HOW IN THE WORLD do I fix this?

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    What brokerage - and what is the ETF symbol ?
    Also - what does this existing ETF look like in the Quicken Security List ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Flashgolfer
    Flashgolfer Member ✭✭
    Options
    It is TD Ameritrade and the ETF is Fidelity MSCI Real Estate Index. It looks like this:
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Change the Security Type from Market Index to Stock, Mutual Fund, or something else. I’d go for the MF. 
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For reference, "Market Index" as a security type is for actual indexes like the S&P 500, not for index funds or ETFs. Quicken does not permit you to hold any shares of a Market Index type security. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Flashgolfer
    Flashgolfer Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback....I changed the Type to Mutual Fund and allowed Quicken to download asset class and now Quicken sees the security. So the issue is resolved. Thanks again- FlashGolfer
  • allen_car
    allen_car Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the answer. :) I had changed some market index ETF's to "Market Index" along with some other Custom Security Types so that I could evaluate how my investments were performing by Security Types. Only one of the ETF's that I changed to "Market Index" type caused a missing security problem; the other 4 ETF's worked perfectly. They probably would cause a problem the next time a dividend or transaction was downloaded. The easy solution was just rename a Custom Type to MarketIndex ETF and the problem was eliminated.
This discussion has been closed.