Why has reconcile stopped working?

Reconcile is not working. The transactions download and when accepted are entered into the register as cleared; but attempts to reconcile shows a statement that "There are no uncleared items to reconcile."
Tagged:

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only items with a CLR status of " " or "c" are included in a reconcile, and only items dated on or before the as-of date are included.
    What this means, in part, is that if your account is set to auto-reconcile to the online balance, then there's no transactions left to be included in a manual reconciliation.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: FAQ: How does Quicken determine which transactions qualify for a reconcile?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think the FAQ should be updated.

These days whenever people are getting the "There are no uncleared items to reconcile." it is almost always because they are reconciling to the online balance and that balance with its date isn't being updated properly.  And most of the time the account in question is using Express Web Connect.

So, I think a new FAQ is in order that states what the current one states, plus a note about the current problem and how they can switch back to reconciling to the statement.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    I think the FAQ should be updated.

These days whenever people are getting the "There are no uncleared items to reconcile." it is almost always because they are reconciling to the online balance and that balance with its date isn't being updated properly.  And most of the time the account in question is using Express Web Connect.

So, I think a new FAQ is in order that states what the current one states, plus a note about the current problem and how they can switch back to reconciling to the statement.
    I don't think the unreliability of the online balance is a new issue.  If you reconcile, I continue to suggest using a statement instead.   

Likewise, I don't think the unreliability of the Express Web Connect connection is a new issue.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I continue to suggest using the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.

The Quicken moderators appear to be willing to accept statements regarding unreliability issues in discussions, but I doubt they would accept such statements in an FAQ.  
  • jmccaski
    jmccaski Member ✭✭
    Switching to balance to statement enabled me to reconcile. But Quicken needs to fix the problem with downloading from Capital One so I can return to automatic reconciling as I’ve done for VERY many years. But thanks for your comment.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    jmccaski said:
    Switching to balance to statement enabled me to reconcile. But Quicken needs to fix the problem with downloading from Capital One so I can return to automatic reconciling as I’ve done for VERY many years. But thanks for your comment.
    As you're using Capital One, I suspect you're waiting on Capital One and possibly Intuit to address the issue - not Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.